Sponsored

Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Y! Alert: Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton

Yahoo! Alerts
My Alerts

The latest from Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton


Kevin Williamson Talks More Scream 4!!
In the immortal words of Jessi Spano …"We're so excited! We're so excited! We're so…so…SCARED!" While discussing his hit show, The Vampire Diaries , writer Kevin Williamson spilled some deets about returning to his roots with the fourth installment of the Scream series, and it sounds AWESOME! Q: Are you working on any film projects right now? Kevin: I'm almost done with the first draft of Scream 4 . I'm trying to get that together for Wes Craven . We've got to get going on that, during the hiatus. We have Neve Campbell , Courteney Cox and Dave Arquette . I was always holding out hope because the pitch was about those three characters. I didn't want to have to re-route the whole story. We don't have to do that. I can do it exactly the way I want wanted. The story is going to be told the way I originally conceived it. Q: Is that going to be part of a new trilogy? Kevin: I've been contracted to write Scream 4 and 5. Q: That's not a trilogy. Kevin: Well, I'm not going to negotiate 6 right away. Q: Horror films have undergone another shift, with the success of Paranormal Activity . Do you have a chance to update references to that in there? Kevin: It's all in there. Q: Would you shoot Scream 4 in the Atlanta area? Kevin: I'd love to. When I went down there, I said, "This is so Woodsboro." It would be perfect, but that's Wes' decision. Pasadena would work, too. If Wes directs, and he will if I have anything to say about it, I'll camp out at his house. Q: What do you think it will take to get Wes Craven to come back and direct? Kevin: Oh, Wes is going to do it. Q: Will Scream 4 be in 3-D? Kevin: No. I don't think Scream lends itself to a 3-D film. 3-D films are all about things being thrown at you. One of the things that Scream does is that it talks about those movies and sends them up, so actually putting in that device probably wouldn't work. I don't think it's an option. We're the movie that makes fun of it. I can imagine Stab being done in 3-D, but not Scream . Q: Is there anything that you can say about the story and set-up? Kevin: No. I think I've revealed way too much already. Q: Is it still a strong mystery of who this Ghostface will be? Kevin: Well, that's the whole point of the movie. What I have always liked about this movie versus the other horror films is that I feel like there are characters. In other horror movies, you remember Michael Meyers and you remember Jason. In our film, I think you remember Sydney Prescott because Sydney Prescott's the victim and she has lasted for all three of these movies. The fun of the film is that it's Sydney Prescott. That's the difference and you care about her. I want to write a story where you actually care about our characters and it's a plot that you watch them walk through. It's not all about the next kill. It's not all about slice and dice. I was watching Saw VI on pay per view the other night and I was like, "This is really just going from one kill to the next, to the next." It's fun, but I want to tell a story. Q: You don't think Saw has managed to keep a story going with Part VI with a dead character? Kevin: Oh, they're doing a great job keeping the dead character, but I want to know where our lead character is, where our protagonist is and what her journey is. Q: Is it safe to say that you won't kill Sydney Prescott off in the first 10 minutes? Kevin: The story has to start somewhere. We're praying the last part is a JOKE. We love us some Neve Campbell! Regardless, with her, Wes, David and Courteney all on board, it's going to be totally worth watching. Even if it does suck. Which we doubt. Are U planning on going to see it? [ Image via AP Images .]
 

CREATE MORE ALERTS:

Auctions - Find out when new auctions are posted

Horoscopes - Receive your daily horoscope

Music - Get the newest Album Releases, Playlists and more

News - Only the news you want, delivered!

Stocks - Stay connected to the market with price quotes and more

Weather - Get today's weather conditions




You received this email because you subscribed to Yahoo! Alerts. Use this link to unsubscribe from this alert. To change your communications preferences for other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your Marketing Preferences. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

Ads

click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.