Sponsored

Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Y! Alert: Yahoo! Answers: Politics & Government

Yahoo! Alerts
My Alerts

The latest from Yahoo! Answers: Politics & Government


Open Question: Royal Marines question? Top
Are the Royal Marines tough to get in to? Are they pretty respected around the world? Would you be able to say that the Royal Marines are arguably amongst the best fighting forces in the world?
 
Open Question: WHy did Abraham Lincoln respond this way when he was asked, "Why not let the South go in peace"? Top
He responded "I can't let them go. Who would pay for the government?" Yes he did say it. Google the quote. Here is one article which talks about it. http://www.historynet.com/john-c-calhoun-he-started-the-civil-war.htm Just google the quote and you get 428 hits Here is a quote from Charles Dickens 1862 "The Northern onslaught upon slavery was no more than a piece of specious humbug designed to conceal its desire for economic control of the Southern states."
 
Open Question: why does the UK military suck? Top
since there cutting their military by 10% because they dont have the money. and another 20 is unfit for military service. what happened to the uk?
 
Open Question: What are the top five concerns you have concerning world politics? Top
I'm an American and we tend to get our news without outside points of view. For instance unless a terrorist attack happens we never get a word about anything happening in Britain or Ireland. Hell, the last prime minister I could name would be Maggie Thatcher. We never hear about your elections or economy problems. (CNN or Fox News reports). So just out of curriosity what are the brits worried about / interested in as far as the state of the world/britain?
 
Open Question: Why are we in Afghanistan? Top
And who actually is this "Taliban" and why are you hurting them?
 
Open Question: Was 9/11 an inside job? Top
There is a conspiracy theory that suggests that the government was involved in the operation to create a better reason to invade Iraq than the one over weapons of mass destruction.
 
Open Question: was proposed in 1987 and called for the United States and Soviet Union to destroy over 2,000 missiles in Euro? Top
________ was proposed in 1987 and called for the United States and Soviet Union to destroy over 2,000 missiles in Europe. A. INFB. START IC. Shuttle DiplomacyD. USA Patriot Act ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Who advocated supply-side economics? A. H. Ross PerotB. ReaganC. ClintonD. Robert Dole ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Which of the following was a series of agreements on European society made in 1975? A. SALT IB. War Powers ActC. INFD. Helsinki Accords
 
Open Question: how can i move to America? Top
Hi, i hope someone can help me. i desperately want to move to America, i have a two year old son and want to move before he has to start school as i wouldn't be able to move him once he's settled. i'm planning to get married to an American, (not for residence, i do actually love him!) but don't quite know how i would do that as i'm sure i read somewhere that you can't get married on a visiting visa. what would give me the best chance of getting accepted and could i live there while trying to gain citizenship? i've been looking into doing some college courses in business and media, and am planning on going back to work as a care assistant in a nursing home once my son is old enough to start nursery at the end of this year, i thought maybe if i carried on with my NVQ nursing training and had some qualifications then that will perhaps make a difference on me being accepted to live in the USA. i really have no clue on how to go about doing this, my boyfriend doesn't either and neither does anyone i know, i have tried reading up on the net about it, but its all really confusing to me. sorry if i've gone on for way to long, i would be grateful to anyone who could give me some advice, thanks x i am from the UK by the way
 
Open Question: Should British police officers be armed routinely? Top
Should the police of other countries be armed routinely?
 
Open Question: Caught for speeding. Criminal charges.? Top
A friend of mine was arrested today for speeding. He was caught doing 105 mph in 65mph limit zone on the highway. He called me from the police and told me there are 2 criminal charges against him and asked me to find him a lawyer. What is most likely to happen with him? Please, help with info? I don't know any details about the charges, but it happened in Connecticut on 95 Interstate Highway.
 
Open Question: Am I eligible for an Irish passport? Top
My parents are Welsh and English. However, my Grandmother is Irish born.
 
Open Question: Whats the best way to deal with fighting drunks? Top
When drunks have to be arrested for fighting etc it takes the police off the streets and takes up a night of paperwork so consequently there are fewer police on the streets. What would be the ideal solution? Magnum, you seem to be arguing for the sake of it, you obviously can't read properly. I said what is the solution? where did i say the fault lay with the police, if you want my opinion its that the government needs to do away with targets and allow the police to work, less hampered by paperwork therefore letting them do more actual police work. So you must look at the wider picture pal and stop jumping to the wrong conclusions! Btw, have you any idea what these honest drunks cost the nhs every single week of the year.
 
Open Question: Would you prefer a Free. Independent, Self Governing Britain under a BNP led Government or ....? Top
.... or would you rather be RULED by some some Anonymous European Dictatorship, over which you have Absolutely no Control or influence and who will create laws that rob you of your Rights and Freedoms?'
 
Open Question: why do the Americans always pull out..? Top
War on independance with false facts ? Any argument you have with ''Some'' Americans they just pull that one out and state false facts completely ignoring the fact that the Ducth Republic and the French helped them ? So my question is why do they do this in any argument. And does this cause bad tention between the two countries ? and my third question is is their bad tention now ? Most Brits seem to want America to .. well Fail, china eco etc etc .. RESPECT FULL answears please I'm interested to see please answear in a unbiased way. No stupid comments towards me either just a Q oh wait i didnt finish it off LMAO Most brits want to see America fail ? why is this ?
 
Open Question: How many British PMs have there been for whom nobody ever cast a vote? Top
Given that Gordon Brown was neither elected as Labour party leader nor as Prime Minister so far, is he alone among PMs for having reached that office without ever facing the electorate as leader?
 
Open Question: entry of judgement on award from arbitrator what can I do? Top
The Arbitrator said I had to pay 1,381. for a witness on the other side travel expenses. They said, I waived my rights to appeal . I have no prove of these charges are true. I waited for prove. Now, i get this letter saying, I did not use my time i had to appeal this. And this judgement what I am not sure of what this means either.One part of this letter says, the Arbitrator said, i further that plaintiff did not appear with good cause but, the attorney on the other side he is the one that typed up this to the Arbitrator and the Arbitrator signed it. So how can I fight that he didn't say that it was already typed and all he had to do was read and Sign. Is there anything I can do? I don't work, and I have no income at this time for any payments. Which, I will not pay anyways do to the fact, it was not my fault he had someone come to the hearing and she had accrued all these charges. anything I can do to respond to this judgement. thanks
 
Open Question: Is the Challenger 2, to be put out of service? Top
Seriously is this true? I Would Like Reasons Please?
 
Open Question: What could I end up paying for with 'no win no fee'? Top
I recently got severe food poisoning from a restaurant, which one of the no win no fee companies have agreed to take on. Im concerned that I may get myself into a situation where I'll end up with all these bills to pay for court etc so I've read the contract carefully and I've asked about it to the actual solicitors at the firm and they have told me that they have sent me a form for After the Event Insurance-which I do not need to pay for at the time. If I win, my compensation, legal costs n insurance costs etc will all be covered by the losing side If I lose then I wont need to pay any fees.... she said that it literally is a no win no fee and I will take 100 percent of my compensation. If I lose wont I still need to pay for the insurance etc? What other things are there that I may end up paying for? I'd like to know more in detail before I actually sign myself into anything. Also I must have a pretty good chance of winning if they've agreed to take on my case right? when i asked her about it she said that if I lose their fees etc will be covered by the insurance that I will have taken out...? so would it just be the insurance fees I will need to pay?
 
Open Question: no win no fee on personal injury? Do I have this right? Top
I recently got severe food poisoning from a restaurant, which one of the no win no fee companies have agreed to take on. Im concerned that I may get myself into a situation where I'll end up with all these bills to pay for court etc so I've read the contract carefully and I've asked about it to the actual solicitors at the firm and they have told me that they have sent me a form for After the Event Insurance-which I do not need to pay for at the time. If I win, my compensation, legal costs n insurance costs etc will all be covered by the losing side If I lose then I wont need to pay any fees.... she said that it literally is a no win no fee and I will take 100 percent of my compensation. If I lose wont I still need to pay for the insurance etc? What other things are there that I may end up paying for? I'd like to know more in detail before I actually sign myself into anything. Also I must have a pretty good chance of winning if they've agreed to take on my case right?
 
Open Question: can any body help me with with a imigration to usa from uk question? Top
hi i am currently in the uk and i am in the motor vehicle industry i am looking to hopefully( i know it isnt easy) but with a little bit of determination and a lil help to move to the usa i was wondering if any one would be able to give me any information in relation to my job because i know it isn't the most needed trade on how i would achieve my goal any info would be deeply appreciated
 
Open Question: Discuss inequalities and differences in uk streets? I cant seem to understand this question? Top
Its a social sciences question. Discuss some of the differences and inequalities that can be seen on streets in the UK
 
Open Question: how can i bring my partner over to live with me in uk? Top
hey, I want to bring my partner (from the Philippines) to live with me in the uk. He is a skilled worker he studied health care and hotel and tourism management. Now he is in his last year of college and he and i have decided that he would like to work in the uk, but i don't know how to get him here or what to do or where to start .. we asked the uk embassy in the Philippines and all they gave us was a card for a look at website.. totally useless.. Does any one have any idea what we have to go to get him here ? or of the proses and what we would need to do or how long it will take or what he needs ? thanks for the help ....
 
Open Question: Have our Police & Courts lost the plot? Top
A motorist has been fined for blowing his nose! It would be very funny if it didn't indicate a serious problem. Why are the Police and Law Courts trying to alienate the respectable law abiding people who are their greatest natural supporters? There are some pretty horrible people about, and I want to support the Police and the Courts in bringing them to justice. But when I read about tom-fool actions like this one, Courts releasing potentially dangerous career criminals, locking up law abiding citizens who have the nerve to defend themselves and the mothers of terminally ill children driven to desperate measures. . . I wonder whose side they are actually on. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/7092642/Motorist-fined-for-blowing-nose.html
 
Open Question: Royal marines commando are you classed as an officer once a royal marine? Top
Also I have a friend in the R.A.F He is a non commisioned officer what rank does this make him ?? before anyone says "ask" Him he's in germany and I'm in Wales :)
 
Open Question: Why do the yanks assume every Question is related to them? Top
Take this Question for example if you read the additional details it clearly states that it is regarding UK Politics and even the link ends in .co.uk http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Anb_Cb.Hc_Tcy1gp181nDKUUT31G;_ylv=3?qid=20100130132756AAW2hdM Why are they so arrogant to think the world revolves around them? p.s read the yank answers on the Question haha
 
Open Question: should god brown be sectioned under the mr angry act? Top
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1247357/Angry-Gordon-Brown-hit-aide-yanked-secretary-chair.html what right has he to treat people in this manner?
 
Open Question: im in navy dep job is AO i really don't see how that can help me when i get out thinking bout coast guard how? Top
good of a swimmer do i got to be b4 AND after boot camp. and are the jobs 8-10 hrs shift then do i do some life gaurd duty or what?
 
Open Question: can the police in britain get any more stupid than they are already? Top
this time they have achieved an all time stupidity prize, how can a driver possibly be breaking any laws by blowing his nose whilst sitting at the wheel of his stationary vehicle, in fact the possibilty of this driver sneezing whilst his vehicle was in motion,and therefore being momentarily distracted, was reduced by him blowing his nose!! however this didn't stop some idiot giving him a £60 fine and three points on his license, so much for justice.
 
Open Question: What spending would the Conservatives cut to reduce the deficit? Top
'The Conservative leader said the country's economic reputation was "at risk" and he resolved to start cutting spending this year to restore it if he won the general election.' http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/election-2010/7104311/Britain-needs-to-cut-or-face-Greek-style-crisis-says-David-Cameron.html 'Speaking at the World Economic Forum in the Swiss resort of Davos, he warned that it was essential to make an "early start" on reducing the UK's record £178 billion budget deficit.'
 
Resolved Question: When will Britain attempt "regime change" on North Korea, Libya, Zimbabwe and Burma? Top
 
Open Question: what is involved when someone is 'sectioned'? do they actually cut them up? Top
 
Open Question: Is this illegal? will I be sued? Top
i'm so worried. basically on an online forum, I used someone else's name who exists in real life. I didn't intend to use his name though - he has the same name as my neighbour and as for the surname, it was a random one that came to my head and it turned out to be his name. I really didn't know and it always automatically logs me in that i didn't even pay attention to the user name after a while. I used this account for geography homework help (a geography forum online). now, he has found out and is trying to find out who it is. he's apparently told my teacher and i'm scared the teacher will know it's me cause I'm scared i'll be sued and investigated...i'm 15. help! The fact is that almost every week, I've posted parts of the homework set. No schools would have the same, exact homework every week and wouldn't have a guy with the same name.
 
Open Question: got pregnant with a british man...help? Top
i am a student visa holder. i am dating this guy for nearly a year now. and i think i am pregnant. what will happen to me and the child that im bearing? i am in this work base placement course and i am also paying the right amount of tax.. so i guess i cn use the tax that im paying... i defntly dnt want to get rid o the child coz i want one. the guy keeps saying not to worry coz he will help me through out. my concern is after my visa expires (a year from now). im just worried about my child... :((
 
Open Question: Does this case warrant a negligence claim? Details follow:? Top
My parents have had the downstairs of their home flooded due to a workman who cut through a water pipe when carrying out gas works in the area. Are they entitled to compensation? My parents have heard from the public liability insurer appearing to accept liability in a written letter. The flooding occurred immediately when the workman were still there.
 
Open Question: In the UK do people vote for political parties based upon their own 'colour'? Top
If so why? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ookhLspQY&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ookhLspQY&feature=related Wolfie - which colour of knuckle dragger are you suggesting?
 
Open Question: my son has recently granted indefinite leave to enter the uk but i noticed at the top it has a date valid from? Top
 
Open Question: Should there be an Iraq inquiry in America? Top
Whether it was legal for George Bush to go into war with Iraq? Soldiers are dying, and for what? Nobody knows, except the minority elite who have moved on with their lives now the "deed" has been done! George Bush should be trailed for his actions!!
 
Open Question: Tony's Blair's biggest political slip up? Top
Fern Briton meets Tony Blair - Dec 2009 Briton: "If you had known then that there were no WMDs, would you still have gone on?" Blair: "I would still have thought it right to remove him, I mean obviously you would have had to use..erm...and ploy different arguments about the nature of the threat." Do they think this was evidence that Tony Blair's real policy objective was regime change? What do you make of his response? It wasn't really suppose to be a question; I'm well aware this was his most undignified and biggest political slip up! I'm more curious on what others make of the above quote.
 
Open Question: Would you vote New Labour again? Top
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRL2TgPWJAA&feature=related I'd be the corpse, rather than vote Labour. I can't help it, it's my ethincity 97 i did sorry! Bruce sort of, I hate double standerds
 
Open Question: Is the law failing our victims? Top
I think this link below should explain what I mean. http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=151947116 and why exactly are they exempt from going to a normal prison? Why a young offenders institute? At what age are you considered an offender? All answers are appreciated :)
 
Open Question: Are we losing our freedom? Top
Our personal information is no longer personal, our phone lines can legally be tapped, our e-mails can be read without our consent. All this because of terrorism, I, like all of you, condemn terrorism, but aren't we losing our freedoms because of fear? I am very interested in all your point of views. Thank you
 
Open Question: how old do you have to be to emigrate to australia? Top
my husband is in his sixties
 
Open Question: British army physical fitness test? Top
Hi, I'm wanting to join the British army and i was wondering if in the APFT all the other tests but what if i didn't do as well in press ups would i be failed or would i have to re-take the press-ups test?Thanks
 
Open Question: Do communists get rid of worker discontent by just killing them? Top
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dy1qGZv1yg&feature=related Therefore reducing the demand for jobs? Medicated, I never claim to be 'smart' just one of those people who like to read. Communist Body Count: 149,469,610 http://www.digitalsurvivors.com/archives/communistbodycount.php And counting Wolfie, fair enough but why then do brand people in the same light?
 
Open Question: Will the bnp's downfall be when people realise that they are no less corrupt+no less scandals than Lib-Lab-Con? Top
There are solid statistics to provide evidence that many bnp councilors have been extremely lazy and while doing this, have claimed the maximum amount of expenses available to them (£10724). Their 2 MEPs have been reported to use their expenses money while in Europe to book themselves into the most swankiest hotel to order the best services and luxury that their expenses can afford. People don't yet realise that bnp are no less corrupt than the mainstream parties, and if you're thinking that they have committed nowhere near as much scandals as LIB-LAB-CON, then there's a reason for that. Its because they don't have the resources to commit endless expenses scandals, the parties to commit them are mainly LAB and CON, what's the coincidence? They both have loads of UK+EU seats, and councilors to spare, any party that has loads of resources will commit an expenses scandal, regardless of which party they are! Jacob: Hitler didn't have anywhere in his policies that he would murder 6 million Jews, he didn't include in his manifesto that he would also kill/sterilise every mentally and physically ill person in Germany
 

CREATE MORE ALERTS:

Auctions - Find out when new auctions are posted

Horoscopes - Receive your daily horoscope

Music - Get the newest Album Releases, Playlists and more

News - Only the news you want, delivered!

Stocks - Stay connected to the market with price quotes and more

Weather - Get today's weather conditions




You received this email because you subscribed to Yahoo! Alerts. Use this link to unsubscribe from this alert. To change your communications preferences for other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your Marketing Preferences. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

Ads

click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.