Sponsored

Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Y! Alert: Yahoo! Answers: Politics & Government

Yahoo! Alerts
My Alerts

The latest from Yahoo! Answers: Politics & Government


Open Question: Not another Tory climbdown or U turn? Top
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1282639/Muslim-hate-preacher-let-Britain-despite-Tories-pledge-radicals.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo
 
Open Question: Who should a complaint about a racist tv program be made to, if it is not currently on tv but is on dvd? Top
in the UK
 
Open Question: is pepper spray illegal in the UK? Top
says it is made from natural organic ingredients is non-toxic, non-flammable, and environmentally safe
 
Open Question: Do you think it's obscene to talk say that there is an obsession with remembering the holocaust? Top
Hi, I previously wrote a question about the obsession with the Holocaust that was over-shadowing all other massacres - my question got deleted without a reason, probably due to the rather controversial subject, no doubt by some Jew! hahaha! (That was a joke, okay? no need to go awol) My thoughts that Germany has suffered enough for its crimes, and I think by obsessing over it, it will lead to greater denialism and another growth of that despicable politics. I also think it overshadows the other crimes that have been committed throughout history by various despots, of political, ethnic and religions. I'm not the first to say this, I know some Black thinkers believe that it over-shadows the slave-trade. There has been hundreds of massacres throughout (Please don't think I am an anti-semite, I am probably Jewish descent, I had many Jewish friends at school, my step-father Jewish, my grandparents fought the National Union of Fascists in the '30s, my dad fought the National Front in the 70s etc. etc. I am extremely proud of the fact that my family helped smash racists and fascists. I even thought of converting to Judaism in my teens! I am now an atheist - I guess my thoughts of converting were due to the final fading of my Christian faith - and I had Jewish friends, and I genuinely think highly of Judaism because of it's many, many great scientists and philosophers.) p.s. Don't ya just hate it when you have to defend your views against entirely accusations of racism?
 
Open Question: Can someone be deported after being in the UK for 20 years because he has a criminal past? Top
A friend of mine has been in this country since he was 7 years old and has never been back to his original country since. from a troubled childhood he has committed minor theft offenses. his last offense was 5 years ago since they first proposed to remove him. he has an indefinite leave to remain in this country but never naturalised. i think they want to revoke this...can they? he has not been able to get a stable job since as the home office refuse to give him the proof of his status and as well as still pursuing the deportation. they say his offenses have totaled more than 12 months of prison sentence why they feel he should be removed and that he is a danger to society. my friend has not gotten himself into trouble since 5 years now. is there not anything one can do to fight this case.
 
Open Question: In the UK, is a judicial inquiry the same as judicial review? Top
I'm doing my politics A level and have seen questions on Judicial review and Judicial inquiries, are they the same thing?
 
Open Question: Why is Eurovision always politically motivated? Top
I've just listened to the Eurovision winner and she was terrible. Shut up kanwal ghei, you don't have a clue on what you're talking about.
 
Open Question: Why is "indecent exposure" illegal in England but not in many other European countries? Top
For example in Spain or Scandinavia there is no such law and nudity is considered a fundemental human right. Is England still strongly influenced by church morals or are they just prudes out here? The only thing this law teaches us is that the human body is something to be ashamed of which is why we have so many depressed people who lack confidence.
 
Open Question: my son wants to give me away but he will only be 17 is he old enough to sign as a witness in wales? Top
 
Open Question: Sex, drugs not rock'n'roll? Top
Craig Murray has excellent piece on sex and drugs but sadly misses rock and roll! www.craigmurray.org.uk/ - I would have thought you (first answer) were capable if a little googling.
 
Open Question: Sex Discrimination Act? Top
My lesbian co-worker has filed a complaint under the Sex Discrimination Act against myself but the problem is she looks more like a man than a chick so can i counter sue under the Trade Descriptions Act?
 
Open Question: search the electoral roll? Top
does anyone know a 100% free web sight to search the electoral roll in the uk
 
Open Question: Why doesn't England want to be part of the European Union ? Top
Caricaturally England is considered as the " bad boy of Europe " ( translated from French by my self oO : les mauvais élèves d'Europe ) for they reject its drawbacks ( euro etc...) but desires its advantages ( customs-free etc. ). I'm French and was just wondering. I don't have prejudices against England I'm just rewriting what has been said. Thanks in advance for your answers.
 
Open Question: UK red light camera problem? Top
LAST NIGHT I was driving in London (Hendon Central to be precise, on the A41 towards Edgware). There were a load of cars right up my backside and I was doing approx. 40mp/h. I was perhaps 5-10m away when the lights went red, and I went right through, because it would've been unsafe to stop so suddenly. Just before the lights there is a grey GATSO-style camera (though, it seems to be thinner. Perhaps it was the RLC 36 type Gatso). It is facing so that it records the REAR number plate of cars. It did NOT flash as I went through the red light - surely I would have noticed if it had? It was at night. Was I caught? TO BE PRECISE: It turned red just (I emphasise this word) as I crossed the line. When I say I was 10m away, this is the furthest I could've been. It may well have been 2-4m away. My speed was anything between 40-35mph. My calculations dictate that I crossed the line between 0.1125s-0.6429s after the lights turned red.
 
Open Question: MP's expenses - have only the names changed? Top
At the general election we were promised by all 3 leaders that this was a new politics, where MP's could be trusted with expenses etc - all 3 leaders also promised the right to recall MP's who have acted like those below. Less than one month into this new era:- David Laws has been forced to resign his ministerial position following irregularities with his expenses. Caroline Spelmen (serial expense cheat) thinks it is acceptable to use a ministerial car to drive her 500 yards to work. Even greater irony is that she is minister for the environment!!! Andrew Robathan, (also had irregularities in his expenses) and thinks MP's should be paid £110,000 a year took his ministerial car to France as apparently he thought it would be cheaper than getting the Euro star. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1282602/Ministers-caught-using-drivers-cars-crackdown-One-heads-Dunkirk-second-ferried-500-YARDS-work.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo So is this the cleaner government we were promised? Where is this law that gives the right to recall? As a priority should this government implement the law on the right to recall our MP's and make it retrospective to 6th May 2010 so that these 3 (and any others in any party) yet to be caught can justify their actions at the ballot box? Pin Ball - the examples above of abuse of the ministeral car were not driving themselves - a chauffar was. So in the case of a France trip, that is paying somebody wages for more than 24 hours, accomodation, meals etc etc. All of a sudden a Eurostar ticket looks cheap. They are telling us have to accept cuts (no longer efficency savings real cuts that put every job in the UK at risk) and they think it is acceptable to spend however much it cost because they dont want to walk quarter of a mile to work.
 
Open Question: why is the situation so volatile in northern ireland for uk soldiers? Top
i'm married to a serving soldier in the armed forces. He used to be based in the north of england but moved to county down in northern ireland about 3 years ago. I moved here when we got married earlier this year. I would love to know why there are many 'no go areas' and why we are disliked here. We have to try and not mention the fact that we're army/army related. Getting a job is virtually impossible because as soon as employers know i'm an army wife they don't want to know. Mx husband never wanted to come here, he liked his old camp, he's just doing his job. Why are we disliked and who by? Sorry for the long explanation, please answer. Thanks!! =)
 
Open Question: If evolution is for real and works for the betterment of humanity then why is our morality on a backward slide? Top
I have noticed that since the end of the second world war our morals have been changing for the worst. IE : The gambling laws when it was punishable by heavy fines and even imprisonment. The laws on murder and other violence when a person could expect a life for a life and an eye for an eye. The laws on sexual deviance, where homosexuals have now been given the right to equality and even rule us in government, and all other deviants who are still considered to be the worst offenders of all. even they get off very lightly. Are we really going forward, I think not.
 
Open Question: Why are the politicians and media acting like David Laws is the victim? Top
The man is a millionaire who stole £40,000 of taxpayers money. He is a corrupt politician, just like all those who go into trouble last year. Just because we have a new government doesn't mean it's okay. He should never be allowed back into government. And I voted LibDem!
 
Open Question: why do people find it hard to balance personal beliefs and value with anti discriminatory practise? Top
 
Open Question: How long is EU to dangle without axis or anchor? Top
what about its main skippers ( sarko and Merkel)still asleep at incoming high tides?
 
Open Question: Telephone order, Contract law? Top
Y paid for an item over the phone at 1pm and she agreed the delivery with the sales assistant. When the call ended the manager of the shop shared with the assistant that the same item has been sold 30min ago. What would happen with Y( money back?) and can she sue the store for unavailability of the good? which act is concerned with tel order and unavailability of goods so I can see which sections of the act(s) would be relevant thanks for your ans so far :)
 
Open Question: Law Question??? (Contract Law)? Top
the Q: X called a shop and ask for an item which is £100 according to the shops' website. He tried to buy the item for £80 but his offer was declined by the seller on the phone. Then he left a voice-mail agreeing to buy the item for the stated price by the shop (£100). ----------------------- I think the voice mail left is an offer but the buyer can accept or reject the offer. Also it has not been paid so if anyone would like to buy online or on the phone using his debit card would be able to do it. My Q is what sec of the Sale of Goods Act should be considered if X wants to sue the shop as the order has not been made?
 
Open Question: Do conservatives believe that nature is often more in more important than nurture? Top
And liberals believe that nurture is more important than nature? Do liberals tend be more optimistic about human nature too? Is there really a higher nature of humanity? Don't most people act in accordance to their own interests?
 
Open Question: neighbours and drugs/? Top
My neighbours are drug addicts. we live in a private residentel estate in ireland. the police cant do anything as they are on drugs. what can we do?
 
Open Question: do these sword websites ship to the UK http://www.swordsswords.com/ and http://www.heavenlyswords.com/? Top
do these websites ship to the UK http://www.swordsswords.com/ and http://www.heavenlyswords.com/
 
Open Question: Will i get into trouble with the law for displaying a Union Jack flag? Top
I live in a block of three story new-build apartments, and i live on the third floor with a balcony. Is there any law against displaying a union jack flag over my balcony??
 
Open Question: Questions on careers at the UN? Please see additional information.? Top
I'd just like to say that prior to this, I was planning, to take a PPE course at Uni and and stand as a Councillor and then as an MP, however the thought of working at the UN, of hopefully one day, representing the UK on the UN Security Council and helping to solve International Disputes. I do have a talent for languages, particularly French, which I am currently taking an A Level in. I also have a love of debate. More importantly, I want to make a difference and help the people of the world. I'm no pacifist, but I would do anything to avoid a war until, when it becomes unavoidable, I would really make sure that the Agressor knows just what he is taking on. I definitely wouldn't tolerate North Korea as it is. Anyway, back to my question or rather questions. A) What course would you suggest in order to follow this kind of career path? (it doesn't matter what university, I'll cross that bridge etc etc) B) After University, what would be a good career path? (such as, would being elected to the European Parliament give me experience?) C) Is there anything I haven't thought of? Theres always going to be something that I've forgotten to put in, so if theres anything I haven't considered or something you could add, I would be most grateful. Thank you for your Answers
 
Open Question: May I offer Britain my congragulations? Top
For defeating the BNP during the GE. I know that Labour and Conservatives aren't perfect but falling for the BNP's racist rhetoric isn't the answer. Unfortunately Australians aren't as intelligent as you. I fear that the likes of Australia First and their xenophobic views will gain support from our already racist population. You've probably heard of the Pauline Hanson, Cronulla riots and the bashing of Indian nationals. Last week a poll also indicated that 90 something percent of people wanted the Burqa banned. I'm confident that the forces of light will prevail in the end. Keep up the good work comrades. *I meant to say congratulations.
 
Open Question: What is the big deal with the BP oil leak? Top
Why cant they do something to stop the flow? I dont need to be informed that the leak is in deep water and its difficult. Come on guys, why expose your ignorance? I'm looking for more expert and informed information here. Hey look I'm asking a question not offering an answer. I thought that was the idea here. Why all the aggro anyway?
 
Resolved Question: I am on DLA and homeless,are the social services able to help me getting social housing?(UK)? Top
Hi,I have severe disability,I live with a friend at the moment but soon I will have to move out,I've been to the social services telling them about my problems and they said to me i will get help with the personal care..basically..they want to give me some equipament that would help me during the day..but they said they can't help me finding house. In the housing application there is a space where u can write your social worker manager and I told them I know usully helps when u have one,the process would be much faster and they would be able to chease them up.However..the people from social services told me that having a social worker a manger wouldnt help(unless if i would be less than 18) at all therefore,there is no need for one and they will contact me only when they will come to asses me so i can get some equipament. Is it true what the social services said to me? thank u so much! Paul,belive me I would go to work but I had a very complicated surgery on my spine which ended up very bad..so pls dont judge before knowing exactely my situation
 
Resolved Question: i have a cigarette case from ww2 with the inscripion :B.W.P from P and M home guard 1940-1944? Top
 

CREATE MORE ALERTS:

Auctions - Find out when new auctions are posted

Horoscopes - Receive your daily horoscope

Music - Get the newest Album Releases, Playlists and more

News - Only the news you want, delivered!

Stocks - Stay connected to the market with price quotes and more

Weather - Get today's weather conditions




You received this email because you subscribed to Yahoo! Alerts. Use this link to unsubscribe from this alert. To change your communications preferences for other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your Marketing Preferences. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

Ads

click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.