Sponsored

Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Y! Alert: Yahoo! Answers: Politics & Government

Yahoo! Alerts
My Alerts

The latest from Yahoo! Answers: Politics & Government


Open Question: I need answers now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help!!!!? Top
so i live in NEW JERSEY and im taking my daughters father to child support. (whenever i get a court date) Anyways he says that he is gonna go in there and tell the judge im an exotic dancer (yes i am and dnt apoligize for it) so.......... my question is will the judge see me as an unfit mother (I AM NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!) and will i still get money. b/s he only wants to pay 2oo a month and thats not shit!!!! wtf am i supposed to do with that? my rent is 12oo.......in addition to all the other bills, diapers, wipes, milk, babysitting, etc...... How will it go? Anseers plssssssssssss
 
Open Question: Did I do the right thing? Top
I have become a cop and while working I was confronted with one of my friends who said "it would be really funny to punch you in the face now your a cop" so hid did and knocked my hat off. The punch didn't hurt but he was laughing about it so I arrested him. He put up a fight which lead to me calling in backup which caused to other cops to be more than a little rough with him due to him hitting a cop and he ended up in hospital. We kind of came to a deal and he wasn't charged so he isn't putting in a claim against the police but I cant help thinking if I did the right thing
 
Open Question: I am currently renting a house from an housing association and they have given me permission to landscape the? Top
garden and erect two retaining walls to be able to level of a very sloping garden so i can create a safe play area for my child i am building the walls myself and they will only be just over a foot tall,but i am worried about building regulations do they count if it's on a garden away from a public place and in no way a danger to anyone i live in the uk and are not sure of the rules.
 
Open Question: How can I stop the gym from charging me? Top
Basically, I didn't sign a contract with a gym and now they are charging me membership fees and refusing to stop. In the states apparently a contract can be verbal providing it does not accede $500 and is not long then a year. Is this the same here? No sure what to do?
 
Open Question: can i travel to the usa with charge of possession of a class A drug? Top
i was convicted of possession of a class drug (cocaine) which was on traces. Also at the same time i was convicted of using criminal property. this happened in january 2007. i have since then got married and want to visit friends in the usa. Will i be allowed entry?? please help me im goin out of my mind with worry
 
Open Question: how can US citizens get a social security number in US? Top
retired person UK citizen with home in US get a Social Security number
 
Open Question: should there have been a witness when i was suspended from work? Top
i was told it was company policy
 
Open Question: Why do blacks commit more crime? Top
The data provide a breakdown of the ethnicity of the 18,091 men and boys who police took action against for a range of violent and sexual offences in London in 2009-10. They show that among those proceeded against for street crimes, 54 per cent were black; for robbery, 59 per cent; and for gun crimes, 67 per cent. Street crimes include muggings, assault with intent to rob and snatching property. Just over 12 per cent of London's 7.5 million population is black, including those of mixed black and white parentage, while 69 per cent is white, according to the Office for National Statistics. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7856787/Violent-inner-city-crime-the-figures-and-a-question-of-race.html Is it because they are poor, because the police and courts are racist, or is there some other reason? Whatever the reason, wouldn't less 3rd world immigration have made London a safer place? Are the Sunday Telegraph and the Metropolitan Police racist too, or is it all my fault for daring to mention it? Mr. Smartypants, in your little scenario of left Vs right handed people, why are the left handers paid less? If it's because they are generally less well educated, have fewer skills, or a bad attitude, who's fault is that? http://www.met.police.uk/caught_on_camera/index.htm
 
Open Question: I have a BNP Question? Top
I am slowly starting to support Nick Griffin and the BNP more and more. Would you consider this a good thing and why? or if you consider it to be a bad thing why is it bad? haha yeah they do need their own version of the BNP
 
Open Question: How can we stop hate crimes against Catholics or at least get them recognised as such? Top
Every weekend theres another report of a suspected sectarian attack against a Catholic, usually in Derry or north Antrim. Last year one fella was killed and another seriously injured in Coleraine, loyalists ran into the estate and grabbed anybody that was there. It took the PSNI 3 weeks to accept it was a sectarian attack based on religious hatred, but it still wasn't classed as a hate crime. How can we stop this? Obviously we can't rewrite history and right all wrongs but how can the authorities be made to realize somebody being given a kicking because of their religion is a hate crime and not a suspected sectarian attack on a Catholic? I'm just reminded of Thomas Devlin and the Quinn Boys, Thomas Devlin was a 15 year old child stabbed 9 times by two loyalists, the Quinn Boys were 3 kids burnt to death in Ballymena after loyalists threw petrol bombs through their windows. Huckle: yeah i see your point, loyalists were attacking Catholics because they were abused by Catholic Priests, and how does that work seeing how we don't live near them or even go to the same schools? i know the north of Ireland is too complicated for most people, but its pretty basic in its set up. Ladymoon, the catholics started blowing up UK cities? do you have the means to prove that? if Ireland is 80 percent Catholic i think you would find Britain would be nothing but rubble if every Irish Catholic started attacking britain.
 
Open Question: 10points for your views? Top
please tell me what you think about my video, it's for my media class and it's supposed to be funny, any tips too would be appreciated thanks it's www.1227.com
 
Open Question: Can I take a knife to Finland with me? Top
Im going to finland and want to know if I can take a knife with me because we will be out in the woods prepping meals etc, and rather than buy any there, can I take my own? It's A pocket knife > I mean in my suitcase < > Which will not be in my posession on the plane <
 
Open Question: Does this surprise you? Top
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk:80/news/editor-s-picks/300-city-firms-in-links-to-crime-lords-1.1038005 @Phoenix, what do you mean? We need to work on criminals everywhere not just bloody Washington. Thats thee most stupid thing I have ever heard. Peety, I agree with you, I don't understand why they would make it public. Some of the ganglords here are very dangerous and what the hell will they resort to if their illegal businesses are closed know what I mean? The government are probably planning something that we won't like as per usual :-)
 
Open Question: Showing remorse to a court magistrate? Top
How can i best show my remorse for a minor crime that i committed whilst not really mentally fit, i want to explain how sorry i am to the magistrate but i do not know how to word it.
 
Open Question: What do the Americans bake for us at Area 51? Top
Test what on NE? Yakult 25+1+11+21+12+20 = I DIM HOG I HIM GOD GIGGS BOSUN 8+9+7+7+19 = 50 or E BOSUN 2+15+19+21+14 = 71 or GA (H) EGAH or 5+7+1+8 = U HIGGS BOSUN HI GGS BO SUN 17 33 17 54 AG CC AG ED age circa 14 - 18 YAKULT YA = YAHOO ANSWERS K = COLONEL K, DANGER MOUSE DIM HOG = BIG BROTHER KILL DIM 20% OF POP OF THIS AGE GROUP NE Test Bed 64 11 FD, J AA,B FAD JAB BOTOX BO, TOX ANTI-PERSPIRANT, SOAP abracadabra DIM HOG 49 (13) 87 (15) 49+87 = 136 or AFCJ (FACE JESUS) E ESUS NW J(udas') 14 23 10 or ad bc a raabra 18+1+1+2+18+1 = 41 or AD abracadabra = 11 letters. K or Colonel K. Colonel Knut 11+14+21+20 = 66 or FFL UF 21+6 = 27 or GB 2+7 = I BIG LIE BIGG FLUFF U LEARNER, FFF 666 THULE
 
Open Question: whats a tank gunner in the army? Top
 
Open Question: Am I fit enough to become a Marine in the USA? Top
I am in my first year of high school ( don't think this is a joke and don't tell me that I am to young to worry yet) and I can do 5 pull ups, 70-80 sit ups on 3 minutes and I can do 20 pushups. I am not that good in running but I can do a mile in 10 min and half a mile in 5 minutes and I am a female I am in my first year of high school ( don't think this is a joke and don't tell me that I am to young to worry yet) and I can do 5 pull ups, 70-80 sit ups on 3 minutes and I can do 20 pushups. I am not that good in running but I can do a mile in 10 min and half a mile in 5 minutes and I am a female and I have mild sport induced asthma but I only need my inhaler for running
 
Open Question: Housing Benefit Changes? Top
At present people on low incomes are able to get some housing benefit to help them survive. Is the New conservative government planning to scrap this? Thanks To clarify I mean people who are working but receive a low income. I heard about the cap. But I heard that it was being scrapped for people in work but on low incomes..
 
Open Question: A cop told a friend said I signed a statement against him over something and I never did? Top
Some stupid situation happened the other night. I went to the police station, NEVER SIGNED A STATEMENT (I'm only 17 and i refused, Yes My Mother Was With Me). I was texting the guy who was in trouble and he said the cop showed him my statement and another friend's. The question I'm trying to ask is that, is it possible for a cop to seriously go ahead and take details and put them into a statement and forge the signature (Write a false statement and said I wrote it)... Because I swear to god I NEVER signed a statement. Thanks Can I get a lawyer or something, There is no way that he is legally allowed to do that. I am willing to fight this legally. I asked my ex-friend for copies of the statements... because that is signing a false statement. Just cause they were picked on all their lives, and are fat fu**in pigs don't make them right..
 
Open Question: how to cancel a complaint I made to the police? Top
How do I cancel or withdraw a complaint I made about someone. the police are investigating but I don't want to continue. will i get into trouble for wasting police time.
 
Open Question: How do I cancel a complaint I've made? Top
Made a complaint about a person to the police and they are now investigating. How do I cancel the complaint and will I get into any trouble for wasting police time
 
Open Question: What is the UK Law on Staffordshire Bull Terriers being kept on a lead in a public place UK Question? Top
Should Staff's be kept on a lead in a public place? What is the actual law? The reason I am asking is because I was outside my house at around 10:30pm the other night and a woman who lives at the top of my street has a puppy staffordshire bull terrier, and it came running down the road to me barking. She called it and the dog didn't listen, it ran back to her on around the 4th time of calling. I have since confronted her about this and she says, it's not a violent dog it won't do anything!! How does she know this?? I don't know this dog, all I saw was a staff running towards me. Can anybody give me some advise on this please Thanks.
 
Open Question: How to avoid getting in trouble with the law, when someone else is inevitably going to start something? Top
Hello, I'm 18 years old and will be attending a friends 18th birthday party next month. I've only known the person for a few months and I met my current girlfriend through her. However, my girlfriends ex-boyfriend will also be there (who goes to school with my friend, and so has known her longer.) This wouldn't at all be a problem... If the guy wasn't so obsessed with my girlfriend that is. When they were together he would go mad with her for talking to other guys, and even a month after they broke up, he got into two heated arguments with two other guys just because they were talking to her! So we'll meet for the first time in the party. I will of course be with my girlfriend aswell. Which made me wonder... How do I stay out of trouble if he was to start something? I'm not worried about getting hurt myself... I weigh around 4 stone more than him, my arms are literally thicker than his legs and I do Boxing. I'm just worried about the law... As I don't want anything to get in the way of my University place this year; especially not some lanky faggot who's up his own arse, and thinks that because he has a lot of money he has the right to everything and everyone. Thanks. I used the word "inevitable" as a worst case scenario
 
Open Question: Are the real patriots of any country, the political activists and dissidents? Top
they are after all trying to improve the country. (in their view) regardless of whether they are on the right or left. they care a lot more about the country.
 
Open Question: parents have british birth certificates, so do I. been in kenya since aged 4. in 1952.? Top
when Kenya was given back and not a part of commonwealth I had to give up my british passport. I am English and now want to live there but I am a kenya citizen, how can I go about this, am I eligible to work in UK and live there.
 
Open Question: can my boss sack me for being on the sick for seven months he has read medial reports and said i must leave? Top
I have been on the sick for seven months , he read my medial report and said he was dismissing me he was asked to give me lighter duty,s he said he cannot where do i stand with this can he just dismiss me? he is giving me a weeks wages and any holiday money owed , so he says i will be lucky to get anything from him he would not pay s.s.p most of the time
 
Open Question: Am I a criminal if im caught speeding? Top
I propose rather than one speed limit cap we should be given the option of means testing for fitness & judgement in order to give you a license to +10mph on the speed limit. Afterall the cops are human and able to speed, maybe they should open up the advanced driver training to the public. Im not advocating speeding or wreckless driving but I believe speeding can be done safely if you pick your moments wisely. I do find it silly that so much time and money is spent policing people who are doing maybe 8mph over the speed limit. Thus making most people in this catagory a criminal? Are people really endangering the lives of others if they reaction times are better than most? Or is it all about making money? Please comment on this, thankyou.
 
Open Question: Must all Indians (from India) in U.K. go back to India? Top
 
Open Question: Should employers be allowed to pay off casual workers and then re-hire them? Top
When work closes for holidays i'm looking for other work in the meantime to keep me going, i haven't had a holiday in 4 years, no signed contract with firms i'm subbed out to my contract is with the agency i work for. I get a day and a half paid holiday for every month i work, i'm actually highly skilled and qualified but i hate working with other people but its the life i chose for myself and being paid of is a fact of life for me especially around holiday time. Boss told me last week to "take a holiday" meaning i'm paid off again! so i took the holiday, the wife booked last thursday friday and this monday off, had a fantastic long weekend. Went fishing got sunburnt on the Irish coast, beers barbques on the rocks and came back yesterday. Face and arms like beetroot, boss phoned me this morning "when you coming back to work?" sorry i'm still on holiday cockface! and i hung up. Cheeky bastard paid me off to save on some holiday pay then phones me like i'm a dog thats going to go running to him. Honest to God i'm a great worker but enough is enough. Should employers either pay off casual workers for good or retain their services with holiday pay? I do know i'm out of a job now, but i'm going to let them run to me. You wouldn't believe the dirty tricks agencies and the subbies use to get out of paying money when the fact is i make and save them money. quizzard, this great worker does call his boss cockface, especially when he's been treated like shite for over 5 years. I was paid off because i finish ahead of time and the subby boss didn't want to run over on his budget. I am expendable i know this. I would work you into the ground, you would piss blood from every pore before i even broke sweat. Don't come the high and mighty with me chum Quizzard, i do apologise, i guess i'm looking for a fight or looking to hit back at someone. Whats done is done, i'm out of a job, its me out of a job so it is my problem.
 
Open Question: In what kind of Country do the Police need "no law" to detain a Human Being.? Top
That's right,...no law is need to arrest and detain someone. Two police officers stopped a teenage photographer from taking pictures of an Armed Forces Day parade - and then claimed they did not need a law to detain him. Jules Mattsson, a 16-year-old freelancer from Hackney, east London, was photographing police cadets on Saturday when he was ordered to stop and give his personal details by an adult cadet officer who claimed he needed parental permission to capture images of the cadets. After arguing his rights in a series of protracted legal debates with officers, the sixth former says he was pushed down a set of stairs and detained for breaching the peace until the parade passed. see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQucfv0slOE&feature=player_embedded I say sue them. We all of us should be aware of the so called "terror threat" and be watchful for "who" exactly is behind the alleged terror, but if we allow the "threat" of terror (which we are constantly warned about through the Media) to turn the United Kingdom into a nation where honest law abiding peaceful human beings cannot take photos of PUBLIC events, where will this end. WHERE ARE YOUR PAPERS? Which brings me back to the original question... In what kind of Country do the Police need "no law" to detain a Human Being. WHAT KIND OF COUNTRY?
 
Open Question: Which laws need changing? Top
Any? or are they all about right?
 
Open Question: How old do you have to be to work as a prostitute under UK law? Top
I am 16 and I have had sex for money (it was role playing and one time lol) the man I slept with was 36; is this legal?
 
Open Question: I gave my sone a false reference to get a job. I need to come clean on this, will I get in trouble? Top
My son was desperately looking for employment. I ended up giving a false reference and lying about who I am. Could I get in trouble if I come clean with this?
 
Open Question: What would Britain have been like with another five years of New Labour? Top
 
Open Question: who has more honour, Tony Bair or Gordon Brown? Top
 
Open Question: How can I tell if I was an accident?!? Top
I live in a two bedroom house. Its the house my parents bought when they got married. The other day I was thinking about the fact that I have an older brother who uses the second bedroom in the house (the first one is used by my parents obviously). Does this mean I was an unplanned baby? I know I probably don't want to know the answer to this question but at the same time, I need to know! (In case it makes a difference to anyone's answer, my parents bought a couch bed when I was about three or four for me to sleep on. I don't have my own bedroom.)
 
Open Question: How do you feel now New Labour are out of power? Top
 
Open Question: Cybersecurity Measures Will Mandate Government 'ID Tokens' To Use The Internet? Top
The move to shut down and regulate the Internet under a new government-controlled system has accelerated into high gear with the announcement that the government's cybersecurity strategy revolves around issuing Internet users with ID "tokens" without which they will not be able to visit websites, the latest salvo against web freedom which, in combination with Senator Joe Lieberman's 'kill switch' bill, will serve to eviscerate the free Internet as we know it. Under the guise of "cybersecurity," the government is moving to discredit and shut down the existing Internet infrastructure in the pursuit of a new, centralized, regulated world wide web.....where you can only go where the "State" say you can go. Do you agree? If you "don't" agree, and it actually comes into being,...what would you do about it? It is important to stress that "cybersecurity" has nothing to do with protecting the infrastructure of the United States and everything to do with taking over the Internet. Cybersecurity is about attacking non-compliant Internet users, not defending against hackers. Non-compliance equates as using the Internet as a political tool to dissent against the policies of the government otherwise known as "Freedom of speech & Freedom of Expression". Having already tried and failed in flooding the web with paid disinformation agents, http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=15287 the government is now turning to its only recourse, exploiting hyped or outright staged cyberattacks as an excuse through which to implement an Internet 2 system controlled and regulated solely by the authorities. http://bostonreview.net/BR34.4/morozov.php Only with this government-issued "token" will Internet users be allowed to "able to move from website to website," a system not too far removed from what China proposed and rejected for being too authoritarian. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/f416e31e-80af-11df-be5a-00144feabdc0.html Your thoughts,...?
 
Open Question: am i eligible for a british passport? Top
Well i was born in the uk in 1994 and but my family and i moved to ireland in 1998 so now im thinking of movin back to the uk next year and i was wondering if i was eligible for a british passport. my parents are not british nationals by the way. thanks
 
Resolved Question: Why do some nations, especially Russia always express surprised innocence when they are caught Spying.? Top
Such a bully boy approach is embarrassingly childish. Russia's denial is normally by way of a declaration of aggressive indignation with the obvious aim to intimidate their accusers into not making too big a fuss and therefore avoid souring relations with a powerful country. All nations do not spy.Nations such as Papua New Guinea,Eritrea, Benin, Nauru, the Pepublic of Ireland to name but a few soverign countries, are not famous, or infamous for their international spying activities. Thanks for the replies. It's quality that counts, not quanity. I am somewhat surprised though that the question seems to have stirred up an anti-American response which is somewhat divorced from the thrust and theme of what I had asked. I have no idea what the C.I.A, do. Whatever they may or may not do is in the best interests of their country. In the,'proverbial' murky world in which they operate I have no doubt that their techniques are, on occasions, necessarily unorthodox. However my question was really directed at the pointless denial of the bolshy Russians and indeed other nations who, perhaps quite rightly, assume that the rest of the, 'non espionage' world are as naive as one of the respondents accused me of being. Of course the ten spies caught were Russian agents and to deny it is naivety in the extreme. Also, to try to introduce a red herring about the C.I.A, is contemptable.
 
Open Question: Should we praise Sen. Robert C. Byrd? Top
Robert Byrd of West Virginia, the longest-serving senator in U.S. history, died on Monday at the age of 92. He rose from rural poverty to the pinnacle of power. He served in the Senate for nearly a quarter of the United States history, working with eleven American presidents, and casting votes in the Senate before the current president was even born. Testimonials to Sen. Robert C. Byrd, the longest serving member of the Senate, who has died at the age of 92: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100628/ap_on_go_co/us_byrd_remembrances However,....there are "other" reports about Senator Byrd which many of you might not be aware of. A book by one of the many recent people who claim to have been brainwashed by the US government, In this case Ms. O'Brien says she is a survivor of the CIA's MK-Ultra Project Monarch mind control operation. She claims to have been brain-washed in a CIA project controlled by Sen. Robert C. Byrd and to have been a sex slave to American Presidents beginning with Gerard Ford. http://www.whale.to/b/byrd_q.html I for one do not believe anything, however I remain open minded to the "possibility" that there is indeed a "cult" of evil doers who hold high office not only in the United States, but in many other Countries also. I am not accusing anyone of anything here, I am merely pointing out some stories and allegations which you may not have been aware of.... Your thoughts on this are welcome, whatever the viewpoint is. Please let it be known, I do not seek to speak ill of the Dead,...heaven forbid. I am simply asking for your opinion on what some have accused him of.
 
Open Question: Was the Gulf oil spill deliberate? Top
Will it destroy America? @Michael C: It seems that you hate America Fair enough I hate them think the lot of them are scum.
 

CREATE MORE ALERTS:

Auctions - Find out when new auctions are posted

Horoscopes - Receive your daily horoscope

Music - Get the newest Album Releases, Playlists and more

News - Only the news you want, delivered!

Stocks - Stay connected to the market with price quotes and more

Weather - Get today's weather conditions




You received this email because you subscribed to Yahoo! Alerts. Use this link to unsubscribe from this alert. To change your communications preferences for other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your Marketing Preferences. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

Ads

click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.