Sponsored

Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Y! Alert: Yahoo! Answers: Politics & Government

Yahoo! Alerts
My Alerts

The latest from Yahoo! Answers: Politics & Government


Open Question: I reported a pervert to the police and they did nothing, how can I warn people of this fiend?!? Top
I went to meet with a producer who a few weeks after beginning work with assulted me. I reported this person to the police who said there was no evidence, I was like hello why would I put myself through this stress. I had to give a video statement let them take fingernail samples. This has upset me a great deal and has been very traumatic. I wouldn't have put myself through this if it wasn't true. I wish I could warn others about him but I feel powerless who's gonna believe me when the police don't any suggestions?
 
Open Question: Was Doctor David Kelly murdered by Tony Blair? Top
 
Open Question: what does it mnean to be orange? Top
okay 12th of July is approaching every Saturday before hand there is a walk and as the 12 th gets closer more people come out to watch the walk i aint stupid and i know what the walk is about BUT do the people who show up to watch know? the true orange people i know are VERY different from those who CLAIM to be orange are "the hangers on" ruining the walk for the true orange folk?
 
Open Question: Is it true that Mein Kampf is illegal to own or possess in Austria?? (I think I made an oops ...)? Top
I had a copy with me for the entire two weeks I was there. Could I have been put in jail if they had found it?
 
Open Question: Good evening Brits, Tell this yank what it is like? Top
Living in a museum? I kind of like driving those toy cars Reminds one of Disneyland Foxy yes y'all right 1700 man killed but than came the pay back a whole nation destroyed
 
Open Question: Will my past shoplifting arrest follow me? Top
I got arrested when I was 16 they put me in the system for stealing a videogame with a few friends I guess the cop was having a bad day because he pretty much didnt give us a break over a stupid game. I know it was stupid im not saying it wasnt but it happened and ofcourse I regret it, and I have been clean in every way since then. When I went to see a parole officer I told her I wanted to be a Marine and I didnt have any prior offenses so she dropped all the charges and I never went to court. Im 18 now and im wondering who will be able to see that I got arrested for stealing but I was never charged? Can the military see this even though I never went to court I still want to join the Marines when I turn 21.
 
Open Question: Disgraced ex-BP chief John Browne gets Whitehall role, any comment? Top
 
Open Question: what is the united declaration of human rights- in simple language? Top
*sorry - universal
 
Open Question: 'Blair named as Liberty Medal winner' What does this headline say to you? Top
I suppose shortly it will be a knighthood - for me he will live the rest of his life in disgrace regardless of how much money he has and the title he holds! No wonder he has aged remarkably in the last couple of years!
 
Open Question: would England continue special relationship with USA if in the future usa got a bankrupt? Top
serious answers please
 
Open Question: If proposition 19 is passed in California. Will the USA & Then UK & Europe follow in legalising Cannabis? Top
Proposition 19 is the proposal to legalise cannabis for recreational use in California. Changes California Law to Legalize Marijuana and Allow It to Be Regulated and Taxed. Initiative Statute. Allows people 21 years old or older to possess, cultivate, or transport marijuana for personal use. Permits local governments to regulate and tax commercial production and sale of marijuana to people 21 years old or older. Prohibits people from possessing marijuana on school grounds, using it in public, smoking it while minors are present, or providing it to anyone under 21 years old. Maintains current prohibitions against driving while impaired. Summary of estimate by Legislative Analyst and Director of Finance of fiscal impact on state and local governments: Savings of up to several tens of millions of dollars annually to state and local governments on the costs of incarcerating and supervising certain marijuana offenders. Unknown but potentially major tax, fee, and benefit assessment revenues to state and local government related to the production and sale of marijuana products. The vote take place in November.
 
Open Question: im iraqi citizen i was working with us army in iraq im in holland now ca i join british army? Top
i was working with te us army in iraq as a translater and im now in holland asylun seeker from 2 years till now and my quastion is can i join the british army or not???
 
Open Question: Why do Americans figure rich people of Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand want universal healthcare? Top
I am guessing most Americans think that the rich people of any country are against universal healthcare. But truth in fact is that in almost every country of the world (except the States), people, ranging from dirt poor to the filthy bloody rich want universal healthcare. The rich people where I live in the UK would be very angry if for some reason (and it will never happen) that our National Health Service (tax-based) were eliminated. Not only the poor, but the rich all the same. Our Prime Minister, David Cameron, and his entire family, all use the NHS, and not private treatment, for his and his family's healthcare needs. He states multiple times that he will use the NHS for his treatment, and we're pretty proud of it. The rich of Canada also want universal healthcare to stay. Same for Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and European countries. Universal healthcare is not only for the poor, but also for that millionaire with five mansions. There's a different mentality over here. @Peace: Actually, very few rich people go to your country for your so called better healthcare. I don't know where you see a bunch of old Etonian people from Stratford-upon-Avon millionaires in the USA for healthcare.
 
Open Question: Army Cadets Annual camp UK? Help with packing and what to expect, my first annual. Advice would be good.? Top
My first annual camp in august, i have been going army cadets just under a year and am 15 year old girl;We aSalisbury to saisbury plain would appreciate any help in what to pack, (i no we get kit list) but anything extra, or you would recomend me too or not too take??? What to expect? Accommodation, free time, days, activity's, people ect? I am doing 1 star carder, And any general advice or help would be good. No stupid comments, thank for any help :)
 
Open Question: Is false drug abuse and child abuse slander? Top
If someone calls CPS on you saying you are abusing your child and puts in the report "uses methanphetimines" (misspelled), when they know these are lies is that slander? If CPS closes the case without investigating the drug abuse because its unfounded, does that prove the alleger lied? What if the alleger also called and accused you of sexual abuse. CPS investigates and closess it. And also tells you they will gnore future allegations from this person. Can anything be done about this person lying? Is it slander, harrasment or what. The father is doing this so he can put the mother down and get custody
 
Open Question: did English paople have some sort "england cup" in who killl the most slaves during slavery time? Top
mohole and english were the worst ones as you know it probably right? they used 6 million saves and killed many many more
 
Open Question: What is the penalty for breach of the peace? Top
 
Open Question: Are citizens allowed to buy ex-police equipment eg handcuffs and batons from Ebay ect in the UK ? Top
Hi, I like my police stuff and just like to mess around with their stuff and have it on display. Aparently, some police things are illegal to own but are Handcuffs and Batons (Ex-Police) legal to by from places such as Ebay ? I see plenty of them on there. Thanks
 
Open Question: how can i renew my daughter's american passport? Top
she came to uk at 6month old,ever since then she is living with me,but have lost contact with her mum.the problem is that while she was registered in the states my name was not on the birth certificate because i wasn't there at that time but she give them my details.but now her passport is due for renew and have check their web site they need two parents to bring the minor to the embassy for renew passport.in this situation how can i renew her passport without my name on the birth certicate to show am a biological father.can anyone please help me.
 
Open Question: I have a really bad neighbour and her landlady does not seem to care. what are my legal rights? Top
I am a leaseholder to a flat. The flat above me is owned by another leaseholder. She has rented this flat out to a woman who has recently moved out of a drug rehabilitation clinic. She is extremely noisy and has undesirable friends hanging around our property. I am scared to come home on most evenings. I have a son who is only 4 yrs old. He is starting to have nightmares and is bed-wetting too based on how stressful this who.le situation is. The landlady of the property upstairs does not seem to care. She seems quite content knowing that the rent is being paid via social services and that's what matters. We are very stressed by all of this and ideally would like her to move away. She is constantly in and out of rehab clinics and also had a stay in prison. Please help - only serious answers please. I am worried for my son and myself. Thank you
 
Open Question: I just found out I've passed my Prison RAD i got an email saying that they put me on a waiting list? Top
I know it says it can take upto 18 months but what's the average people have had to wait thanks for any information you guys can give.
 
Open Question: ARE u happy to u see an english people being punished in zimbabwe? Top
i am i dont know much about zimbabwe im white and never lived in africa but when i see some english got punished im happy for him cuz he experience the same thing many other people did experience over here in England. ronnie14... i bit like you but u shouldnt say whites cuz i didnt see one russian or norwegian in africa and i saw many english and few scotish if we are talking about uk. when you say white people did bad things you should say english french spanish portugesse but the worst ones were english they did bad things in africa then back home in england and when slavery ended in 1800, till almost 1990 black people were treated as a second class in england. Michael Hicks you shoudlnt say yes!!!! you culd be killed raped and abused than deported out of england :):):) Guyzers not working at the moment so i wanted to say how much do i love england. for everything i got ronnie14... im white and american living in england i hate english for what they did good that one of them are up admmit the bad things they did.
 
Open Question: What rights do you have in the UK if you find out the room you are renting has been illegally sublet ? Top
Ive just got confirmation through getting hold of the landlord that the room I rented from a girl here in London she illegally sublet to me and made me sign a short hold tenancy agreement. I found out accidentially and she has insisted on telling me yesterday she is having a family member move in also for 3 mths on what is a small flat. Its more like a 1 1/2 bed rather than a 2 bed. She told me only after my rent for July has just gone through. The landlord seemed ok when I spoke with him but this could all turn sour. Can someone please advise? Will I be put on the streets in 24 hours?
 
Open Question: Custodial sentances and mental health? Top
How do they work if the person suffers from mental health problems can you serve the sentace in hospital.
 
Open Question: Are the people who voted Tory still happy with their decision? Top
This question has nothing to do with my personal opinion, I am just curious.
 
Open Question: On call, should I get paid for it, what are my rights? Top
I have been told today that my work are now introducing an "On Call" time which I was not informed about and was not in the job description. This is just where we are on call if people do not turn up then we are called in. I have had a look for information but there is little out there on it but I need to find out: Should I get paid for being on call? Can I refuse being on call (since it was not in the job description) or being called in? Should I get more pay for being called in? Do I have a say when I am on call? I am in the UK and if you leave a comment PLEASE show a link or source as I can really show this to a boss. Thank-you
 
Open Question: why Africans fought for their rights in london but indians pakistani and other immigrants never did ? Top
africans were fighting for a long time to be treated as equal. but pakistani or indians never did why? are they scared or something? the thing is that english still call them paki etc. they are still punished and treated as a second class. why those guys dotn do soemthing about it? paperhea... im white black inside my wife is black outside. i hate english dont know where do you live but trust me i hate them no for nothing. mt01z130... ok wanker i will do it tomorrow PHIL B yes i will but before i leave i want to give something i return thought small uranium bomb or something i always was good in chemistry could develop something
 
Open Question: how many african children was killed in England by English people during Killings in 1985 London? Top
 
Open Question: Why do people complain about the amount of money is spent on prisoners? Top
There's lot in the news about prisoners costing £37,000 each to keep them in prison. People seem to think that this money is spent on you if you are a prisoner but it'smainly for paying wages of prison officers and on the prison. As a prisoner you only get at most £15 a week and that's if you work. That isn't much and just goes towards paying for your TV, snacks, shower stuff and smokes - things that everybody else can have. People seem to think that it is an easy life in prison but it isn't. I've been there twice but don't plan on going back. Of course I didn't plan on getting send back but when you are out on license they can send you back easy enough
 
Open Question: 78 military modelling magazines? Top
These are from 2004 to 2008. Got to make room so my wife can expand her teddy bear collection. I live in North West Norfolk near King's Lynn. If no-one wants them they will be recycled.
 
Open Question: does a country ever support the leader they elected? Top
most of Britian hated thatcher and Cameron is going the same way starting to notice alot a Americans don't like Obama the Italians ain't got alot to say about there p.m ?????????????????????????? so why do they get eleced ??????????????????????????
 
Open Question: are you all happy with the policies of the Conservative government so far? Top
so far, cuts to nhs, cuts to police, cuts in publice services, cuts to wellfare,cuts on crime prevention,so on? Are you happy so far? ohh and house re-posseion hasn't started yet, Remember the 80's and 90's under the tories,Hundreds of thousands had thier houses repossesed.
 
Open Question: What do you Americans think of this article "Rich Germans Demand Higher Taxes"? Top
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8321967.stm Kind of makes the rich over there in the States look like fools Obviously you need to read the article first
 
Open Question: A friend is clearing out his garage and has found magazines relating to military stuff.? Top
from the second world war. A quick look at one or two of these publications tells me that they are of significance and perhaps should be in a museum or made available to a collector. I have asked that he keep them for a couple of weeks to allow a little time for me to see if they are worth saving before he disposes of them. Any suggestions on how best to save these magazines (short of keeping them myself) will be gratefully received.
 
Open Question: Why do Americans think every country besides theirs has a universal healthcare system? Top
The USA are #37 for healthcare, obviously we're doing something right in the UK at #17 and other countries http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html Also, if the government in any way took away universal health care, none of its citizens would stand for it. Not even the rich. @True: I have more than enough freedom in the UK than you will ever have. Also, the rich people in every other country support universal healthcare. Our Prime Minister of the UK, David Cameron, and his entire family, all use the NHS instead of private treatment, and they and we are pretty proud of that
 
Open Question: What lessions are preffered by English people bombs in dust bins or riots like in brixton in 80's? Top
Hobbs im just sking is it better to make bombs the same like IRA did ? or ask few mates for help and do riots like it was in 1958 or 70's or 80's london ?
 
Open Question: Should Riots like the one in 80's in Brixton be repeated to Show to English people that everyone is equal? Top
Hobbs yes we could make it this time in westminster Manxbike... ofcourse u dont want riots ure anglosaxon living of benfits for the last 20 years im immigrnat living over here or the last 15 years in one room with my wife and one kid im tired of it im not entitled to anything thats why i want to do somthing with it tired of being second class Hobbs cops are you talikg abotu this fat english crumpets? no problem bro few coctails and they will run Rastafar... caberwell london Evil Fox i can as long as english are racist i will hate them no matter one is ok other is racist every english is responsible for what is happen in england
 
Open Question: IS it right for England to steal Scotish OIL? Top
 
Open Question: how i can renew my daughter's passport?my daughter was born in usa and come back to uk at the 6 month old.? Top
when she was born in states my name is not on her birth certificate cos i wasn't there when she was registered,now her mum is no more in the uk and she is living with me now and her american passport is due for renew,pls can anyone tell me how i can apply and be successful to renew her passport.
 
Open Question: Is it true that if in England an English ........? Top
Is it true that if in England, sister could run faster than her brother we could have less 12 years old mothers living on benefits over here????
 
Open Question: do you know what age was the oldest English virgin lady ever? Top
do you think that its possible to meet in England 15 or over years old virgin comeon guys im british and live in camberwell london. i love british jokes about english scum whats wrong with it?
 
Open Question: Can I use real life story of bullying on what happen to me in my novel? Top
In my life I always had nightmares since I was bulled at school. I feel to move on I want to write this novel so I can add the story in my novel for part of my book. But I don't want to get in trouble how can I find out if it ok or not.. I am willing to change the names and towns in the novel .
 
Open Question: I lost my passport AND it needs renewing, what do I do? Top
I am wondering if I just say I need my passport renewed? I mean the picture is like from when I was 10(I'm 20 now) or do I have to just order a new one completely/go to a regional office? :S
 
Resolved Question: help please, is this illegal? Top
i bought cubic zirconia online and have received it just now, would it be illegal to go to my old school and say to someone, "oi mate, i found this outside (showing cubic zirconia) do you want it?" i want to sell them for a pound each, i bought ten of them and they cost 8p each. if it is illegal, how?
 
Open Question: At what age normally english ladies lose virginity? im curious cuz i live in england and never had a virgin? Top
i slept with 18 years old ladies many of them but never had a virgin would like to have one for change but its difficult:( michaela is a troll someone who is not afraid of an english scum?
 
Open Question: Does the co-operation between Cuba and Syria get rid of any claim of morality that Cuba says it has? Top
"Cuban President Raul Castro met visiting Syrian leader Bashar Al Assad on Monday and pledged to promote more co-operation between the two countries." Hmm, one dictator working with another. Working for what exactly? http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/index.php/news/content/view/full/92162
 

CREATE MORE ALERTS:

Auctions - Find out when new auctions are posted

Horoscopes - Receive your daily horoscope

Music - Get the newest Album Releases, Playlists and more

News - Only the news you want, delivered!

Stocks - Stay connected to the market with price quotes and more

Weather - Get today's weather conditions




You received this email because you subscribed to Yahoo! Alerts. Use this link to unsubscribe from this alert. To change your communications preferences for other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your Marketing Preferences. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

Ads

click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.