Sponsored

Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Y! Alert: Yahoo! Answers: Politics & Government

Yahoo! Alerts
My Alerts

The latest from Yahoo! Answers: Politics & Government


Open Question: Officers in the Royal Marines? Top
I want to join the Royal Marines as an Officer. But I have just found out something really confusing. Do officers actually go out and fight? So say I was a Mountain Leader as an officer, would I take part in missions or just administrate? Thanks.
 
Open Question: new british combat shotgun? Top
when you join the army could you just say after your training, i want to be a shotgunner or do you have to do a load of work for it. could i do it straight after training? lastly is it good? has anyone shot it yet?
 
Open Question: What is the british equivalent of the CIA Special Activities Division? Top
Is there a British equivalent to the CIA SAD, if so what is it? Would it be part of SIS?
 
Open Question: what happens at hearing concerning an injunction? Top
my wife put an injunction and I have a hearing what happens at a hearing ?
 
Open Question: Ron Paul is the answer, what is the question? Top
 
Open Question: what kind of punishment can i expect if found guilty in court for assault on a police officer? Top
i was arrested for a section 5 public order offense for swearing when i was in town i wasn't completely drunk was getting there though and was stopped by the police who started asking me loads of questions and all i wanted to do was go meet my friends in a pub and i think i told them to f*ck off and leave me alone i haven't done anything wrong and kept trying to walk into the pub and they would drag me back out there was no reasoning with these police i think they already made there mind up i was going to be arrested and kept winding me up more till i swore at them 3 times and that's when all hell broke out and i was rugby tackled to the floor and they scraped my head down the pavement i had a big massive scratch down the left side of my face they ripped my new 100 pound shirt and that really pissed me off so i started resisting and back kicked a copper straight in the groin and dropped him. anyway i was fined for the section 5 public order offense 80 pounds but the assault on a pc is going to trial. what do you think will happen. i am pleading not guilty but if i am found guilty could get the maximum of 6 months i think this is a form of police brutality and there the ones who should be standing trial i hadn't committed a singal crime in ten years
 
Open Question: i want to work in the O.C in america? Top
im currently in majorca working the summer, me and my friend want to go to the o.c to work for the winter, iv done no research about it yet but we no someone that could potentially hook us up with bar work over there, however if he doesnt what are the chances of us getting work out there, also how much would we need to take over with us (in english pounds) and what do we need to do about visa´s ect....any info or help would be great thank u
 
Open Question: What happens between applying for one visa while my current visa is close to expiration date? Top
I am studying in Australia and my student visa expires in Aug 2010. However I will be lodging in my application for partner visa a few weeks prior to the expiry date on student visa. I understand that it could take up to a few months to process the partner visa. Can anyone tell me what happens during the waiting period when my student visa expires while I am waiting to hear from immigration about my partner visa? Thanks heaps! # Sorry for my mistake, I meant to write 2011
 
Open Question: what does probate mean? Top
probate
 
Open Question: Punishiment for assault? Top
What would the punishment be for a 17 year old getting into a fight and beating up his/her opponent? First time offence? No history of offences? Will there be a fine and would they do community service or Juvy hall? Do they have a choice? Should of made it more easier to understand. What would the punishment be if 2 teen's got into a fight with each other. One of them beat's the other teen up. What would be the punishment? I did it in self-defense. A teen 2 years younger than but much more taller and fatter grabbed me round the throat and kind of strangled me, i threw a few punches at his face and i broke his nose i think.
 
Open Question: When is the UK going to become a Nuclear Triad country? Top
It's about time we step into the boxing ring that is nuclear war.
 
Open Question: a motion to people's court in US citizenry to demand feasible leadership quota for weak/poors/havenot@ failUS? Top
7.25. 2010 Other - News & Events > Your Open Question Your question is open for business. Earn more points by answering questions. Can you answer these? Where can i get a free credit score and no payment required? 0 Stars In Other - News & Events - Asked by Markita Lolley - 1 answer - 19 minutes ago what the heck is "blog"? 0 Stars In Other - News & Events - Asked by king-M.A - 2 answers - 24 minutes ago Events in the last 25 years? 0 Stars In Other - News & Events - Asked by Splint - 2 answers - 25 minutes ago Spinster Lovebird Member since: July 25, 2010 Total points: 85 (Level 1) Your Open QuestionShow me another » Story of struggling democracy@USA where weaker person has no option@lead nation/state:demand equity@leadership? settings Isn't Tahiti great where ALL the beaches are open to nude men, women & children? My kids loved & can't wait to? 0 Stars In Elections - Asked by Rebecca Liberty - 1 answer - 10 minutes ago Opinion question- do you like Obama? 0 Stars In Elections - Asked by Bridget - 5 answers - 24 minutes ago Do you think Obama has destroyed the confidence, morale and severely divided the american people? 0 Stars In Elections - Asked by The Truth - 8 answers - 1 hour ago Spinster Lovebird Member since: July 25, 2010 Total points: 95 (Level 1) Your Open QuestionShow me another » Dr kamal kk roy leader rebel GOP franklin county ny filed papers/candidacy@nys board election gov ny nov 10:ok? 7.25. 2010: kamal karna roy election news ny: Home > Sociology > KAMAL KARNA ROY AKA J G JR,STRATEGY OF WEAKER PEOPLE@SURVIVAL IN NONEQUITABLE GOBE& DEMAND OF LEADERSHIPS PIE? Question: KAMAL KARNA ROY AKA J G JR,STRATEGY OF WEAKER PEOPLE@SURVIVAL IN NONEQUITABLE GOBE& DEMAND OF LEADERSHIPS PIE? KAMAL KARNA ROY AKA J G JR,STRATEGY OF WEAKER PEOPLE@SURVIVAL IN NONEQUITABLE GOBE& DEMAND OF LEADERSHIPS PIE? KAMAL KARNA ROY AKA J G: us weaker people's association committees elect kamal karna roy gov ny 10 Yahoo!My Yahoo!Mail Search the web Sign In New User? Sign UpAnswers Home - Forum - Blog - HelpHome Browse Categories Arts & Humanities Beauty & Style Business & Finance Cars & Transportation Computers & Internet Consumer Electronics Dining Out Education & Reference Entertainment & Music Environment Family & Relationships Food & Drink Games & Recreation Health Home & Garden Local Businesses News & Events Pets Politics & Government Pregnancy & Parenting Science & Mathematics Social Science Society & Culture Sports Travel Yahoo! Products My Activity Sorry, you need to be Signed in to see this. Not a member? Join Here. About How Answers Works Points & Levels Community Guidelines Leaderboard Suggestion Board Answers Blog Answers BadgesAskWhat would you like to ask? Continue .Answer.Discover.What are you looking for? Search Y! Answers Advanced Search Home >All Categories > Politics & Government >Elections >Open Question Akhtar Hussain Member since:July 23, 2010Total points:90 (Level 1) Add to My ContactsBlock UserOpen QuestionShow me another » US WEAKER PEOPLE'S ASSOCIATION COMMITTEES@ELECT REV KAMAL KARNA ROY/J.G JR@US SENATE/GOV NY NOV 10:fec&ny FILE? U.S WEAKER PEOPLE'S ASSOCIATION COMMITTEES@ELECT REV KAMAL KARNA ROY AKA J.G JR@US SENATE/GOV NY NOV 10: PL SEE f e c WASHINGTON DC & nyS ALANY, NY FILE MoviesMake Y! My HomepageGet Yahoo! ToolbarAccount OptionsHi, AkhtarProfileOutHelp Searchweb U.S WEAKER PEOPLE'S ASSOCIATION COMMITTEES@ELECT REV KAMAL KARNA ROY AKA J.G JR@US SENATE/GOV NY NOV 10: PL SEE f e c WASHINGTON DC & nyS ALANY, NY FILE Computers & Internet Consumer Electronics Dining Out Education & Reference Entertainment & Music Environment Family & Relationships Food & Drink Games & Recreation Health Home & Garden Local Businesses News & Events Pets Politics & Government Pregnancy & Parenting Science & Mathematics Social Science Society & Culture Sports Travel Yahoo! Products My Activity My Q&A My Network My Network Activity My Saved Searches Edit My Preferences About How Answers Works Points & Levels Community Guidelines Leaderboard Suggestion Board Answers Blog Answers Badges AskWhat would you like to ask? Continue AnswerDiscoverWhat are you looking for? Search Y! Answers Advanced Search Home > All Categories > Politics & Government > Elections > Your Open Question Your question is open for business. Whilst waiting for an answer, how about… Tell the Answers Community about yourself Edit your privacy and network settings Will the democrats maintain control of congress following the midterm elections? 0 Stars In Elections - Asked by Smarter than you - 5 answers - 35 minutes ago Can anyone run for mayor of Los Angeles? 0 Stars In Elections -
 
Open Question: Good evening Brits How are our little buddies doing? Top
Is it not interesting how years of trying to set a stage, a falsity,promote a line of B/s can all be washed away with one sentence of truth ....''We British were Americas junior partner in WW 2'' Now the dilemma were do y'all go from here? Dr Pinga Prehap turn away from your evil ways and confess y'all sins to the Lord ....or ...buy us a beer Hobbs just to impress you Few years back my brit pal and I were downing the wild turkey I returned with in Bangkok Across he saw a thia women doing a favoUr for her husband ''Ray looky there,,I sure would like to be getting some of that''...''Go ahead she must need a rest by now'' Now I'm I good or what? Dr I have never had more fun in my life than sitting around a table full of Brits pissing them all off Dang I miss it Zoltan ''about to piss myself'' Dang cowboy y'all into those nasty golden showers I have heard without pick pockets y'all would have no sex life what so ever Moriatory I've got it in order not to appear subordinate how about we all meet in nude from what I have been told that would do it What y'all think? Wish I had a dollar for every time a Brit women asked me ''was your father a donkey?''
 
Open Question: can you be racist against Racists? Top
for example i live in England so probably everyone who live over here knwo that english people are racists i wont say everyone but most of them i meet many. so i hate them should i call myself racists? if so im racist against racists
 
Open Question: are the forces in afghanistan a peacekeeping force or wartime forces? Top
 
Open Question: assault and affray? jail sentence or probation? Top
affray charge and assault on police officer headbutting him in the chest - never been court before.. in magistrates this week? what do you think my happen? prison. probabtion, fine, community service? male, 21 years old, all started in self defence but went out of control - any answers much appreciated and also the police officer wound him up calling him a prick and saying if he was out of uniform he would want to foght him there is witnesses for this doubt it will make a difference he just ignored it at first then hit him in the chest to make him back off winding him up, he shouldnt of done it but he did so cant change that!! all started because somelads started on him also a friend is in court same day basically a group of lads started on them and a fight broke out, stuck up for themselves then went too far, court is in magistrates this wk x
 
Open Question: So since a Balaclava is a cultural thing, can we all wear one all the time? Top
"During the Crimean War, knitted balaclavas were sent over to the British troops to help protect them from the bitter cold weather." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balaclava_(clothing) I'm just looking for equality & fairness. A burqua has nought to do with following the Islamic faith. As a point the brits were helping the Ottomans (Muslims) against the Russians. With the French Hobbs do you agree that the burqa is not mention in the Koran? Have you read the book? Therefore my term cultural! So not 'silly' at all my friend. Hobbs I'm rubbish at French, do really want me to correct you? "per sea" bottom of the class. Fair enough Hobbs, pas de touche
 
Open Question: England is struggling with children pregnancy. England still remains the teen pregnancy capital of Europe why? Top
22/04/2010 The Sun received its data through a Freedom of Information request, finding that England is struggling with teen pregnancy. England still remains the teen pregnancy capital of Europe according to numbers by the World Health Organization. The numbers were as follows: 43.324 girls aged 10; 87.342 girls aged 11; 102.445 girls ages 12; 154.332 aged 13; 184.323 aged 14; and 206.555 aged 15. It was not clear how many of the pregnancies were carried out in full or aborted. so in England almost million children are pregnant before age of 15? is this normal?
 
Open Question: Why is Affirmative Action supported by liberals? Top
I know the "anti" side of it Not the pro side In UK politics please
 
Open Question: Copyrighting question? Top
Hi. I was just wondering. If I have a website which I copyright, is all of the content within this site (In my case, animated e-cards) copyrighted aswell? I dont really want to individually copyright every piece of work, as this would be expensive. I am just wondering if it counts as being part of my webpage.
 
Open Question: Why USA fight for their dreams and BBC news say, England fight just for 10 years old pregnant kids !!!? Top
England is struggling with teen pregnancy. England still remains the teen pregnancy capital of Europe.? 22/04/2010 The Sun received its data through a Freedom of Information request, finding that England is struggling with teen pregnancy. England still remains the teen pregnancy capital of Europe according to numbers by the World Health Organization. The numbers were as follows: 43.324 girls aged 10; 87.342 girls aged 11; 102.445 girls ages 12; 154.332 aged 13; 184.323 aged 14; and 206.555 aged 15. It was not clear how many of the pregnancies were carried out in full or aborted. so in England almost million children are pregnant before age of 15? is this normal? J H answer deleted will be repeated ok? dotn delete i wont repeat
 
Open Question: If the Queen of England was for sale, how much would you pay? Top
 
Open Question: Are you allowed to wear whatever you want in the UK? Top
I've just had a huge debate with my dad over whether or not you're allowed to wear whatever you want in the UK. I thought you could literally wear anything (shirts with swear words and images of genitals, etc) but he says you could be arrested for wearing that kind of thing. Now I know you're not allowed to wear clothes that expose your private parts, because that's indecent exposure. Also, I wouldn't personally ever wear a shirt with the C word on it but I thought you could if you wanted (except in private establishments like restaurants or certain public buildings like schools, which can make their own rules). So what I mean is, out in the street in the UK, can you wear whatever you like?
 
Open Question: Would the World terrorism End. If Osama bin Laden and the Queen of England had a sex? Top
 
Open Question: Does public opinion affect the courts in England? Top
I know that public opinion does affect the court in America, but is it the same with England? Do the people have sway with the courts? I think I asked the right question to the wrong group of people. Thank you guy from greece, your answer was more thoughtful than those of the Americans. In America, public opinion DOES affect the senteces judges hand down, THAT IS A FACT. Americans who answered no, clearly are not aware of how the judiciary works. Anyway, my question was directed to the courts of England, not America.
 
Open Question: Is the Tory MP right to refuse to see constituents who wear the burka? Top
It would seem Liberty and the pc brigade are threatening to have him prosecuted. I think it's about time somebody took a stand, so good for him.
 
Open Question: If the government want to save money why don't they close the Met Office? Top
The Met Office is part of the MOD which has been told their budget will be cut so surely this should be the first step. They can't get the weather right 2 miles up the road from their glass palace costings billions of pounds.
 
Open Question: Whats the point of sentencing someone to 278 years? Top
Does this mean if he/she are very good and dont muck about and eat all their dinner up and stuff, they can look forward to being released on good behavior after only 156 years!! Know wot i mean?
 
Open Question: Isn't the world getting fed up with the American senators who are setting themselves up? Top
as judge and jury on anyone the see fit to haul in front of them, then pontificate to them like a school teacher scolding a child who has made a mistake. they are only trying to score points for the coming election. This could back fire on them with a lot of the people in the world totally ignoring any requests that America calls for because they are making so many unnecessary requests. They are a long time asking Fidel Castro to stand infront of them and that goes for Hugo Chavez as well, they would soon be told where to go if they did.
 
Open Question: England is in recession!!! should the Queen of England change her profession? Top
 
Open Question: Did Goncalo Amaral lose his libel case? Top
I heard that the Portuguese court upheld an injunction against his book because it's full of lies. Is that true?
 
Open Question: Is it true that Goncalo Amaral was convicted of covering up the beating of a suspect? Top
He was in charge of the Madeleine McCann investigation. He claimed that her parents killed her in the same way another woman killed her daughter in Portugal a couple of years before. I thin khe was conviced of covering up his officers beating that woman.
 
Open Question: Royal Marine or Pilot? Top
For a long time I always wanted to be a Royal Marine Commando, but for the last year since I finished shool I dreamed of becoming a pilot. Now I'm confused of which to choose, and how my parents would take it if it was to be the Marines. I got good grades at school and my parents really want me to go to uni and to get a very well payed job. I know that pilots are fairly well paid and better payed than the marines, but theres something about the marines that draws me in. I have never been the most confident boy and I'm not as outgoing as what I imagine a royal marine to be, physically I keep myself very active and have used the Royal Marine traning program, I don't know if I'm 'man' enough to be a marine XD. I want to be 'man' enough to be a marine, my head tells me pilot but my heart says marine. Which is it to be?
 
Open Question: I have a Residency in UK( EEA Family member Residency) would I need visa to travel in Europe? Top
As we use to live and Prague and moved to UK and granted the residency would I still need a visa to travel around Europe? I'm actually a Filipino who lived in Prague and now moved in UK and granted the residency. I would like to travel in Europe as I could freely do when I was in Prague.But now we live in UK, can I still do the same? I haven't got a british passport yet. I've seen 2 answers on my post..how can I answer it back?..is this not like a forum?Please help..tnx My husband is actually british and we lived in Prague..as my residency went under the Surrinder Singh catergory and granted my residency in UK..
 
Open Question: Top UK business delegation to India on Tues. Are we now clear what is agent's commission and what is bribery? Top
PM Cameron is going too. Only last time, when PM Thatcher er British fighter aircraft um er son Mark Saudi Arabia commission payments - well it got confusing.and BP and the Lockerbie bomber- and the USA want to talk to Jack Straw but he was on holiday when it happened. We just need to know the rules before it all kicks off.
 
Open Question: How long do they keep you at a police stationif returning from bail? Top
Recently i have been charged with attempted robbery and my question is that i have to return to the police station this tuesday how long will they keep me in the station for ? and how is the procedure , will they detain me or will they just talk to me please help im very worried will they just tell me my consquence or what? please help thanks
 
Open Question: Do you think the Taliban may rape them captured soldiers? Top
Another days goes by and my heart sinks as the morning news shows another NATO casualty in the hell hole that is called Afghanistan. Now, my question is regarding homosexuality in the Arabian world. Its widely known that homosexuality is very very prevalant in the Arabian and Islamic worlds. When a white dude goes to e.g an Arab country like my young straight friend with his blond, blue eyed looks he said that it werent just the females that were giving him the eye. He said that at least 3 Egyptian men propositioned him. Even though my friend was with his girlfriend and looks like the straightest guy you could meet. He said they kept wanting to touch his muscles and hair! My friends on the wrestling team! Its also suggested that men who dont get a chance to meet women freely e.g in the Prison system or boarding schools have a higher chance of being gay. In the Arab world men are not even allowed to see a woman or talk to a non family women till their wedding night. Infact the only time when they have contact with a woman would be like their wedding night lol! So do you think that these "heathens" who have captured our boys might attempt to rape him? Do you think when night falls the Taliban guards may gather around and say in their own tongue "Hey lets go and get some white stuff huh?" I mean how could they resist that fair fair skin and blonde blonde hair and blue eyes- i mean i bet thats what they spend all their times dreaming about huh, everything we have, Pamela Anderson, Jessica Simpson, them nice sandy beaches, cool budweiser? I mean this must be like a jackpot to them savages.Do you reckon they may form a queue and each of them have a turn on them poor poor captured soldiers? Do you think we should pray? I am praying that these no good Taliban skunks hang for this? I mean this sort of thing also happened to many of our Russian cousins who went their So do you think they might rape them captured soldiers? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmYjA4sIMW8&feature=related
 
Open Question: In my own experience & that of people I know that the 'union' has failed them - what can working people do? Top
I paid union subs for at least 3 years of my working life & my rep was useless. That was a score years ago. That aside all the people I know who had issues were let down by the Union (which ever one) they paid into all their working lives. I appreciate the idea of Unions however they seem incompetent & highly bureaucratic. Before anyone gives me grief, I did work as an HGV driver before as well as in the civil service.
 
Open Question: How Did World War II Start? Top
 
Open Question: Do I have to get a green card to go to America if i am a actress? Top
Im in the Uk and I want to go to audition for movie roles in the US do I have to get a Green Card to to go and audition more and how long will it take to get a green card, could you please tell me thank you :)
 
Open Question: i want to boykott BP. Which petrol stations should i avoid? Top
(i mean which brands belong to BP, or take BP oil?)
 
Open Question: Was there more respect for the Police when? Top
there was a minimum height for recruits, and they could give out short sharp shocks like a smack round the head?
 
Open Question: is it legal to have a police scanner in my car? Top
im from the UK and i am wondering if its legal to have a police radio in my car and listen to where they go to etc; also the same question for ambulances as well
 
Open Question: Validate UK ID card help? Top
I applied for a Validate UK ID card, and it has my date of birth, a PASS hologram, and my picture on it. But I have just been told that many places don't accept it as valid ID, but when I emailed them they simply denied this. However, I've just googled this and it turns out a lot of people haven't been able to use their ID. I'm really confused, I want to use my card- I turn 18 in three days and I don't have any other form of ID, not even a passport. What is going on? Is it a valid form of ID? Yeah, I read that but I've still been asked for ID to buy games since then.
 
Open Question: How Did World War I Start? Top
 
Open Question: When Can I apply for Indefinate Leave to Remain (ILR)? Top
I got married on 10 April 2008, my wife's Settlement (spouse) visa was issued on 28 August 2008 and the visa expires on 28 November 2010, which is a 27 months visa not a 24 month visa like it was before. My wife entered the UK on 20 September 2008 as stamped by the immigration officers at London Heathrow International Airport. My question is therefore: when is the earliest can we apply for ILR? and if she applies early according to the Home Office conditions and is still refused ILR do we have a right of appeal? and lastly Is a solicitor or an Immigration advisor necessary for such applications?
 
Open Question: Hi. what would happen with England if her Majesty the Queen of England was kidnapped? Top
than used and bit of abused would england cry?
 
Open Question: Is it true that Prince Charles is a product of sexual games between the Queen of England and Saddam Hussein? Top
 
Open Question: Can a employer suspened a Union Rep from their Union duties? Top
After receiving a 6mth final written warning my employer as now said that I cannot act as a Union Rep while this warning is live.....The warning had nothing to do with my union duties, and this as come from my employer, and not my union....I've never had a disciplinary against me before, and felt the 6mth final written warning I received was over the top for what I was disciplined over...I would have appealed it but thought I would be wasting my time because of how management and HR are within the company I work for....Now after a month since the disciplinary they have now come up with the idea of suspending me from my Union Duties. Just to be clear without going into any detail the warning was nothing to do with my work or lack of it! if anything I am an out performer when it comes to my job!! Oh and as a union rep I am LEGALLY entitled to paid time off for my union duties even though I do a hell of a lot in my own time! My union are following it up but I just wanted to see what others may have come across.
 
Open Question: What's the fitness assessment? (pre-interview)? Top
Got a army fitness assessment coming up, this is before the interviews and final paperwork etc. Anyone know what this will include? I didn't get told anything about this so I'm just curious considering the date I've got I'm busy on and can ring them up to tell them I can't make it however I'd rather go to the assessment than go to the other thing which I'm meant to be at. Will it be bad if I ring them up and tell them I can't make the date? Can I 'fail' this assessment or is it just to see how much I need to improve? What with it being before the interview it's only at the local park...
 

CREATE MORE ALERTS:

Auctions - Find out when new auctions are posted

Horoscopes - Receive your daily horoscope

Music - Get the newest Album Releases, Playlists and more

News - Only the news you want, delivered!

Stocks - Stay connected to the market with price quotes and more

Weather - Get today's weather conditions




You received this email because you subscribed to Yahoo! Alerts. Use this link to unsubscribe from this alert. To change your communications preferences for other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your Marketing Preferences. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

Ads

click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.