Sponsored

Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Y! Alert: Yahoo! Answers: Politics & Government

Yahoo! Alerts
My Alerts

The latest from Yahoo! Answers: Politics & Government


Open Question: Britons: if the British general election was held next week, who would you vote for? Top
Of course, only answer with your choice if you want to. Mine would be the Conversatives although I don't support any party.
 
Open Question: I've recently read that there's enough oil in Alaska to fuel the USA for the next 200 years. Why the oil wars? Top
 
Open Question: If I moved to Spain, would it be likely to live somewhere where there are no British people? Top
What is the percentage of British people living in Spain? Would it be likely that I could find areas that have a small percentage or no British people living there. I'm ready for a new life. I want to live on the coast. Are there lots of places where I could go on the coast that would be Brit Free.
 
Open Question: Anyone else hate that new advert about teenagers? Top
Where its kids saying 80% of teenagers who try alcohol before they are 14 will go into drugs in later life :/ so annoying, i used to have a glass of wine occasionally, or some alcho pop at 13 (very rarely) and i'm not into drugs and neither are any of the people I know, just wished the government would stop advertising adverts like that, far enough had the drinking awareness but I don't think this advert is particularly effective. I know i am in the 20% (btw not actually sure what that figure is exactly) but i just dont feel it has any real value, just stating facts whats it gonna change,
 
Open Question: Why do the Democrats always win Washington, Oregon, California & Hawaii? Top
 
Open Question: Is it true that they're changing the legal drinking age to 21 in the UK? If so, when? Top
Today I heard that the legal drinking age will be increased from 18 to 21 in the UK. I was wondering if anyone has any reliable websites confirming this. I was also wondering when it will be changing. I heard something about how 18 year olds will still be served, but they'll be checked for ID if they look under 21. Do you think that people are just getting confused by that, or is the actual age for drinking increasing?
 
Open Question: I don't know anybody enough for them to be eligible to sign my deed poll? Top
What should I do? I recently moved home. A long distance! I don't know anyone really. What options do I have for an eligible witness to sign my deed poll?
 
Open Question: can by boss give away my personal belongings? Top
I Lived where i worked, but when i left i wasn't able to take all my personal belongings with me as i couldn't fit it all into my car, I told a my boss i would come back to collect the rest of my things when i could. My home town is in the hunter valley NSW and i was working in melbourne, so it was a 12 hour drive home, i returned to melbourne 6 weeks later to a new job, only to find when i asked, (when a good time would be to pick the rest of my belongings up?) that my boss had given it all away, she wont tell me who too!!! I'm not sure what to do about this, and these things meant a lot to me.
 
Open Question: Do you think there will ever be a war on Great Britain? Eg. our houses being bombed etc.? Top
It's very worrying, the world is in such a crazy state & afterall - it happened to all those innocent citizens in Iraq (by us? or was that the american army?) so what's to stop an army doing it to us? Also. Do you think a war is likely in iran soon? Thanks for your answers. Just to add Yes I am aware of the previous world wars, blitz etc. I obviously worded my q wrong. Um Sweet fish - by definition those Iraqi women and kids killed when the army was trying to flush Sadam out were definitely innocent..they were just crying out in agony in a language the west/war supports doesn't care to understand.
 
Open Question: So, with the possible EU-Canadian Free Trade Agreement, will mass numbers of EU people flock to Canada? Top
Will there be a brain drain and we'll see many MANY Europeans flocking to Canada? The free trade agreement allows for free flow of labour across the atlantic. Will we see massive amounts of Canadians here in the UK and EU?
 
Open Question: Feeling threatened : /? Top
so tonight (UK) I went out for a few drinks with friends, when a group of other guys (friends of friends) came and sat with us. My friend said these guys went around randomly attacking people. They make sure they wont get caught by doing it in places with no CCTV. The friend who said this was attacked a few days ago, so naturally he was panicked. Then one of the guys got a bit too drunk, and started throwing glasses on to the floor. The bouncers didnt notice, as the glasses didnt smash or anything. anyway, the guy was glaring at me continuously. he looked at his friend, and pointed two fingers at his eyes, the "im watching you" sign. Then the other guy gestured back, by drawing two fingers across his throat, and nodded at me. All the guys then nodded, whispered to each other, etc, so im pretty certain im next on their list. Anyway, im not sure what to do. I dont want to be scared to drink at my local bar, but neither do I want to risk what could happen :S I have already asked this in a different section, I just want a bit more advice.
 
Open Question: flr m waiting times...............? Top
we submitted the form and supporting documents on the 18th jan 2010, my husbands visa ran out on the 15th feb, we received a letter acknowledging the application had been received 2 weeks ago, does anyone know how long the process is? has anyone been through this their selves? thanks in advance
 
Open Question: DOES ANYBODY HAVE A 1MONTH XBL CARD ( EU ) OR 800 MSP CARD ( EU ) I REALLY NEED ONE OF THESE PLEASE.? Top
 
Open Question: Who are the 10 British cabinet ministers at most risk of losing their seats in the general election? Top
This election is so hard to call, a hung parliament,slim majority or landslide-but which senior labour figures have most risk of being casualties in this election?
 
Open Question: Unmarried Partner Visa Help!!!? Top
 
Open Question: Is Tory Cameron too plastic? Top
I would rather have a big clunking fist than someone pretending to be hard.
 
Open Question: When and how should the united states intervene in other countries? Top
 
Open Question: Do the falkland people want to remain under the UK? Top
Why is argintina claming the falklands is there? had any of them expressed the plans for the falklands if they ever owned it. Are there any websites outthere which shows the falklands opinuon on this debate? Researching the falkland war i see a lot of words from the UK and argintina but i have never read anything about what the own people want? If there was another war has argintina got a better chance of winning this time? Any more infomation you can give me ill be happy to just read, this whole debate i find interesting. Sorry but i really couldnt care less about my spelling.
 
Open Question: Can i return back to canada? Top
my friend came to canada in dec 2006 and file a refugee claim which was rejected. she filed her prra application june 2008 which was also rejected. she has a canadian born son. she was told to leave the country within 2 weeks but she went underground with her husband and baby. she was caught and deported from canada. her question is can her canadain son still sponspor her to canada when he turned 18 or she will be forever barred from canada?
 
Open Question: How do I become a military hacker? Top
I am a UK citizen and want to do hacking for the British Army. How would I go about doing it ? Once I get my highers.
 
Open Question: Do you think Nigel Farage was right? Top
Him talking to the EU like that, do you think he was right too? Personally I do, but I want to know how many support him for standing up to them.
 
Open Question: Can one wear a bulletproof vest in public in the UK? Top
 
Open Question: do people die when they go on tour for 6 moths with the army to afganhistan? Top
 
Open Question: how does plato use philosophy to help politics in the republic? Top
 
Open Question: Copyright Issue And Piracy? Top
I'm doing a report for my school about Internet Piracy and Copyright Violation. I want to ask - How is piracy being treated in the United Kingdom? Is it serious? How is the pirate punished? Are there any cases that a pirate, after being caught and punished, return back to breaking the copyright?
 
Open Question: Why don't we the British taxpayer buy flats for the mps while they are in office in London.? Top
Then that way they wouldn't be stealing off us by claiming moneys for housing. Plus they shouldn't be able to claim anything other than what they are paid in salary. When we work we don't get anything else. We don't claim for living expences, food or domestic help. If we want anything like utilities, food or televisions we have our wages to pay for them and nothing else. Thats how it should be for these thieves.
 
Open Question: Can I add a dependent (new wife) to my HSMP Tier 1 UK visa before I have to apply for an extension? Top
I have the HSMP Tier 1 visa valid until 2011. What happens if I get married before then, can I add a dependent or do I have to wait until I apply for the extension?
 
Open Question: The importance of voting at the next General Election? Top
I have been around quite a while and have never seen or heard so much distrust towards our present crop of MPs. The need for people to vote at the next election is, in my opinion, very important. We need a complete change of direction root and branch. So, please exercise your right to vote
 
Open Question: "nothing is more anti-semitic than zionism" can someone explain? Top
I heard this in a song and wanted to know what it meant in depth. Just out of curiosity. thanks! For anyone that is curious, the song is by Lowkey and it is called 'Long Live Palestine'
 
Open Question: ive been charged with an offence i did not commit? Top
6 months ago i picked my husband up from his parents all his family live in a small rd they dont like me so i dont usually go there then 3 weeks later i was arrested because his sister alleged i tried to run her over the police would not let my husband do a statement i was charged 4 weeks later when i did my plea i was shocked to find his sisters daugher and a close family friend had done a statement all the statements are slightly different but its all lies now its going to trial i feel very hurt and my husband has now disowned his family and cant believe that they could lie like this
 
Open Question: When you turn 18 in the UK, what are you legally aloud to do? Top
Can you buy fags, lighters and alcohol?
 
Open Question: Who has the best legal system in the world? Top
Or if you are on trial where would ( country) you trust to give you the fairest possible justice
 
Open Question: Why do some Argentinians think they have a claim to The Falkland Islands? Top
THIS IS NOT AN ARGUMENTATIVE QUESTION - I REALLY WISH TO LEARN FACTUALLY WHAT ARGENTINA'S GROUNDS ARE FOR THE CLAIM. Having said that, I do know there are not any grounds so I just want to know what the Argentinian President believes them to be! This is a specific question... please I'm not after opinion - I want the facts as to what they claim their grounds are. Thank you. (Additional notes; It cannot be location as Argentina is 300 miles from The Falklands. Otherwise the UK could claim the whole of Europe. Canada could claim Alaska from the USA, etc. Oh and there were no indigenous people when the British settled there - so Brits ARE the indigenous people... Whereas the Spanish/Argentinians stole 'Argentina' from the natives and killed them all. Do we not have just as much right to claim The Falklands should own Argentina, as the other way around? I just don't get it, unless they are relying solely on propaganda and peoples ignorance and gullibility). Dear Paula P, Our claim to The Falklands in some ways is the same as the Argentinians claim to Argentina. The same as the USA's claim to America, the same as the Spanish claim to The Canary Islands. In other ways we have a greater claim because The British were the first to discover and settle on The Falklands. And that happened before Argentina existed. Do you understand now? Dear Milton The USA should be given back to the native Indians. There were no natives on The Falklands, so the British people who went there have every right to own it. oops, you made a bit of a nobsworth didn't you. When you are living on the moon chum, then you can claim it. Dear Chocolate Starfish, TRUE, but can you answer my question. Petty please. Dear Wolfie, I just emailed you this; Hey dude, thanks for answering my question.. much appreciated. That's fair enough, you say The Falklands belong to Argentina. But I'm trying to understand all this. What do you mean 'belong' - like how come? Please can you give me a bit more info, because I'm hoping to find out more about your views, and what it is exactly that makes The Falklands part of Argentina. (no reply) lol IF I DON'T KNOW ABOUT A SUBJECT I KEEP MY BIG MOUTH SHUT and especially don't try a wise crack. Just makes you look even more foolish
 
Open Question: Does it cost to register a charity with the Charity Commission (England & Wales)? Top
 
Open Question: What happens to most wanted criminals when caught? Top
e.g. a criminal that has robbed lots of shops and has beaten people up and tried to kill them ( a number of times) has not been caught. Finally during another robbery he gets caught. What would happen to him? What would he be charged with? I really need to know, it's kind of urgent. thanks in advance :)
 
Open Question: What are Your Views About the BNP? Top
 
Open Question: Can you help please? ...? Top
Hi.. im 17 and just found out im 9 weeks pregnant! I work and my boyfriend goes to college. Im just wondering if he will be entitled to claim anything since he is still in full time education or is it just the mother can do that? He's 17 too. Thanks .. x
 
Open Question: what cadet shoes do i wear? link available? Top
i'm 14 female and im passing out into my squadron soon. they said i need my own shoes and told me the website http://www.cadetdirect.com/products2.php?subcat=72 problem is im unsure which ones i wear
 
Open Question: what do you think about mandelslime saying we will join the euro? are you happy to lose the £? Top
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1254179/Mandelson-insists-Britain-WILL-join-euro-despite-single-currency-crisis.html septic. whats that got to do with anything. today tomorrow, next week? what difference does it make? they know brits like the pound. i personally will be using the euro when i leave this once fine country so it doesnt matter to me .
 
Open Question: Do you think that Harriet (Hard on) Hartman is so obsessed with Female Rights is because she want to be one? Top
OK, SORRY, Harman, Harriet Harmon. But at least you all knew who I was refering to. thank you. Hey Lorro calm down but your gonna bust something just now.. No Froodles I am asing if people think that Harriet Harman secretly want to be a woman.
 
Open Question: I live in Northern Ireland and wish to move to the Republic of Ireland.? Top
Can I sign on the live register immediately ????
 
Open Question: Harriet Hormone believes in keeping it in the family? Top
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100226/tuk-harman-s-husband-to-stand-in-next-el-dba1618.html Well best to have twice the money eh?
 
Open Question: What are the advantages of having a manufacturing based economy? Top
Rather than a financial one?
 
Open Question: Joining the Forces, time away from children? Top
I have always wanted to join either the RAF or Royal Navy. I want a job close to home, (I live fairly close to an RAF base) and would absolutely love it. Trouble is, I cannot stomach the thought of being away from my children for nine weeks of training to prepare for the job. I always thought that because I had my children, I would be the one to raise them. Now, i'm totally torn. Is there a way of either bringing my children with me or can I skip that part? I know there are Civilian opportunities, but to be honest they don't seem to be very available, and require far more qualifications than I have. Any advice would be gratefully received, thanks in advance.
 
Open Question: Can my landlord give out a key to my property? Top
As part of my tenancy agreement the landlords agents provide a cleaner who (is supposed to) turn up twice a month to clean the property. I pay an extra £50 per month for this and it is stated in the contract that I pay £50 extra and the cleaner will come twice a month. The cleaner however is unreliable, and usually calls me 15 minutes before he feels like turning up. I've told the agents I want to be in when the cleaner is here and I will require reasonable notice he is coming (not 15 minutes). He did not come the second time this month and in fact did not even contact me, so I informed my agency I would be paying the rent £25 short, as they had not provided the service as outlined in the contract. Now, I have received a letter off the agency advising they have given the cleaner a copy of the key to my front door and that he will be visiting every other Saturday. Is this legal? I'm really not happy about 1. Someone else having a key to my property, and 2. the fact they just arranged this and gave the key out without even asking me, or asking if having the cleaner come on Saturday is ok. Can any one help me on this, this is just 1 part of an ongoing saga of problems with my letting agents. I should also add, I am in the UK.
 
Open Question: How do I find landlord number in Perth Western Australia? Top
Hi, my housemate is breaching the rules of lease contract. He won't give me the landlord's number!. argghh how do I find it? who do I call?
 

CREATE MORE ALERTS:

Auctions - Find out when new auctions are posted

Horoscopes - Receive your daily horoscope

Music - Get the newest Album Releases, Playlists and more

News - Only the news you want, delivered!

Stocks - Stay connected to the market with price quotes and more

Weather - Get today's weather conditions




You received this email because you subscribed to Yahoo! Alerts. Use this link to unsubscribe from this alert. To change your communications preferences for other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your Marketing Preferences. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

Ads

click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!Click here for more!Click here for more.click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!click here for more!Click here for more.Click here for more.Click here for more!Click here for more.